game disappeared from my account [Never mind, I've found it]

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Really do think it's just impractical to have more than one on-line digital distribution platform. Some of us are too easily confused. Spent hours (a) trying to log in to one of them when I'd misremembered the relevant email address, and (b) hunting for a game that turned out to be in another account entirely.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodisanAtheist

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Really do think it's just impractical to have more than one on-line digital distribution platform. Some of us are too easily confused. Spent hours (a) trying to log in to one of them when I'd misremembered the relevant email address, and (b) hunting for a game that turned out to be in another account entirely.

-Agreed. I have a smattering of games elsewhere but I've made a conscious decision to keep my library entirely on Steam at this point just for simplicity's sake.

If a game doesn't release on Steam it might as well have never released at all.

Reactions: pmv

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I've heard mention of GOG Galaxy as some kind of platform unifier, no personal experience with it.
I'm not going to turn down a gaggle of free games just because it's a little extra effort, but I haven't paid any money on Epic's store, and I've made all of 2 purchases from GOG.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I've heard mention of GOG Galaxy as some kind of platform unifier, no personal experience with it.
I'm not going to turn down a gaggle of free games just because it's a little extra effort, but I haven't paid any money on Epic's store, and I've made all of 2 purchases from GOG.

Yeah, the only ones I've ever bought anything from are Steam and GoG. But thanks to freebies (including offers with bits of hardware) I've still ended up with Epic, Origin and Uplay accounts (and I keep getting the haunting suspicion that there was another one that I've entirely forgotten the existence of!). And I have nowhere near enough disk-space available to install most of the games in most of them.

Reactions: nakedfrog