Galaxy S7 regular/edge owners roll call....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
For now. Couldn't pass up the BOGO offer. However,I have large hands and keep hitting the edge on accident etc... I may sell one and go with a note 6 or something else.

All things considered, the s7 is a absolutely stunning phone and is super fast and smooth. But not sure I can downsize from a note.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Oh yeah, every time I use Samsung Pay at an old terminal, the freak-out by cashiers is priceless.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
I really like my S5, and cannot think of a good reason to upgrade. Played with the S7 a bit while my wife was in the AT&T store the other day, and I must say, it is a slick device. Must resist, must resist....

UPDATE: Failed to resist. Verizon offered me a handsome price for my S5 trade in, and so far I really like the Edge. I have, however, resisted it constant attempts to "upgrade" to Nougat, as I have read one nightmare tale after another. Don't know how long I can hold out, but so far, so good.

Last edited:

kaerflog

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2010
I really like my S5, and cannot think of a good reason to upgrade. Played with the S7 a bit while my wife was in the AT&T store the other day, and I must say, it is a slick device. Must resist, must resist....

I would only upgrade if the BOGO free offer was still available.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Rumor is that Costco is still offering an unadvertised BOGO on the T-Mo non-Edge.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
LOL, saw the posts about Netflix, went to eBay, and I was able to pick up a 1 year GC for $80.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Wow, your main screen is way too busy for me. I am a minimalist, why not just make some folders?

I have a S7 Edge. I am very very impressed with this phone. Came from a Note 3, and don't mind it being a bit smaller. Fast as fuck, camera is great. Focuses very fast and takes great pics. Love that it is water and dust resistant. I don't have a case for it, or a screen protector. I am thinking of getting a small case just for the gym though, the phone has fell out of my pocket a few times because it is so slick. Doing bench or something where I lay down, phone slipped right out.

I see you went with the pimpin' color.

I almost went with gold, as it would match my ring and watch I wear most often when dressing up... but went silver. Just wanted something different than black.

Mar 11, 2004
Why are you baffled. Just because it's bogo doesn't drop the value of the phone and the promo is over any how

How does it not? You do know it is still going on, right? Not the T-Mobile one where you get all the extras but both AT&T and Verizon are both still offering it I'm fairly sure.

On top of that they're not including any of the extras (which there will almost certainly be nearly constant extras and lower prices basically perpetually).

Plus there's a bunch of people doing that so the second hand market is flooded with extras people are trying to offload. I can't fathom why anyone would buy one for nearly full price when they could spend nearly the same price and not have to worry about warranty hassles or anything else and get extras they won't get with one of these people offloading.

Last edited:

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
March 3rd, so 21 days.

Thanks for the reply. I applied around the 12th so I have a ways to go.

Wow, your main screen is way too busy for me. I am a minimalist, why not just make some folders?

Yar, I'm more minimalist too. I use nova launcher so all ze icons have gestures attached.

I'm using a Zagg standard protector. My second phone is using a skintomi matte protector which actually is pretty nice too. The gold is not very bling in person imo, it looks more nickel than gold.

ATc3xwy.jpg

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
How does it not? You do know it is still going on, right? Not the T-Mobile one where you get all the extras but both AT&T and Verizon are both still offering it I'm fairly sure.

On top of that they're not including any of the extras (which there will almost certainly be nearly constant extras and lower prices basically perpetually).

Plus there's a bunch of people doing that so the second hand market is flooded with extras people are trying to offload. I can't fathom why anyone would buy one for nearly full price when they could spend nearly the same price and not have to worry about warranty hassles or anything else and get extras they won't get with one of these people offloading.

ATT requires you to have 30 month device payment for it to be free and verizon requires 6 months of service or they claw the credit back. it's hardly free.

Also for the edge it's 779.99+ tax which ends up being anywhere from $780-$875.
2nd hand market is hovering anywhere from $660 - 780 so you're saving some coin there.

Also the bonus were exactly that ~ bonus. People buying now aren't getting the GearVR the Watch (Verizon) or anything else. Those are to be purchased separately.
I've seen listings where they charged the full price but include all the accessories or bonuses. I don't think that's a bad deal at all especially if they're getting the early bird purchase addons.

Last edited:

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Thanks for the reply. I applied around the 12th so I have a ways to go.

Yar, I'm more minimalist too. I use nova launcher so all ze icons have gestures attached.

I'm using a Zagg standard protector. My second phone is using a skintomi matte protector which actually is pretty nice too. The gold is not very bling in person imo, it looks more nickel than gold.

ATc3xwy.jpg

That's a really clean layout. I may do something like yours. I purchased the full nova too for a buck couple weeks back :)

swilli89

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2010
9h3hg19.jpg

Love this S7. Went HTC One X to Optimus G to Nexus 5 to Sony Z3 to Galaxy S6 now to this.

Best phone I've ever owned. Checks every single box for me; battery life is great, screen, in hand feel, water proof, expandable memory, looks clean and modern.

Wish they had the S7 Edge in stock but I still love this handset.

Running Nova Prime icons delabeled:
NZgm1p1.jpg

Last edited:

kaerflog

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone else baffled by the people trying to offload their second from the BOGO for near full price?

Count me in. As great as the S7 edge is, Samsung is crazy to charge $~800 for one. The ONLY reason why I bought one was because of BOGO free.
I could have bought a Moto X Pure for $299 and be 99.9% happy. The only thing I don't like is the low light camera on the Pure.
People trying to get close to full price for the S7 is crazy. Its not worth anything close to full price. There are so many other Android alternatives that are much cheaper.

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
i turned on condensed mode.. so much better than the zoomed in look.

Where might this setting be?

Edit: Never mind, got it. Here's where I went to figure it out for those that want to know:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-...display-mode-heres-how-to-activate-it_id79385

So glad you posted about this, it has been the big thing that bugged me about this phone since I got it. That bugs me about modern phones in general, big and/or high res screens and everything is huge. No bueno. Thank you sir.

Last edited: