Gainward GF4 Ti4200 DRIVER?

MANKOU

Sep 13, 2000
This is the link for Gainward GF4 nVidia based cards drivers. Notice that there aren't any drivers for the GF4 Ti4200 128MB card with Video-In.
Do you know which drivers should I download in order to be able to use w/o problems the VIVO function and the other extras of the card? Plus, do the nVidia reference drivers give the ability to use TV-OUT and VIVO without problems?
Thank you.

cdub

May 31, 2002
I am using the reference drivers (29.42) and video out works no problem. I haven't tried video in, but I can when I get home... I am fairly positive it works though.

makstaks

May 2, 2002
I'm using the 29.4 drivers also. Video in works fine but i am not happy with the quality of the picture. Im using s-video and my pictures blurry. I've seen a playstation 2 run through a vga box and the quality is way better. Ive seen tv through an AIW radeon and that also has much better quality. Let me know how your quality is. Maybe my card is bad...

AnAndAustin

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
It's a big shame (and let down) that nVidia hasn't standardised VIVO, or even TVout yet. Quite heavily reliant on using 3rd party chips and sw to improve the average quality output isn't what you expect from the market leader. Those black borders are very annoying and loads of guys in the know say that the chips used, while pretty cheap and nasty, are capable of Overscan like TV-Tool allows. At least '2D' image quality, 3D perf, AA, dual RAMDACs and dual outputs have been addressed, maybe Aniso and VIVO is next.

MANKOU

Sep 13, 2000
One of the problems is that some manufacturers are using chips that aren't supported (at least not yet) from nVidia's drivers. Eg MSI is using a Philips TV-OUT chip which works only with MSI drivers - if someone uses the reference drivers, TV-OUT can work only with the shareware "TV-tool" program.
Anyway, I prefer to have a card that works well with the reference drivers instead of beeing forced to use the, often not-up-to-date, manufacturer's drivers and utilities. If I understood correctly from what you guys wrote here, this is the case with the Gainward GF4 Ti.

BTW, makstaks what resolution are you using when you capture video? I think that 640x480 isn't bad, especially if someone wants to burn some video CDs for playing them on a standalone DVD player (like I do:))