GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
as you mentioned my other thread, bronchitis. it was healed like two weeks after my last post on that thread.

however, i got sore throat back. i don't know somehow. basically, sore throat, running nose and headaches at same time. it has been since last friday. :(

time to drug more with orange juice.

GAHHH...!

p.s. i lost 25 pounds, from 200 to 175 and slowly gained back to 183. i hope to continue losing more pounds. of course not, i'm not going to abuse my own weight. :D

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Are you a smoker or is your immune system just pissed off at you??

Just curious...

If you are a smoker better get used to bronchitis...

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Two good questions above. ^

i don't get one of them?

I know many smokers who've never had bronchitis, and are rudely healthy in their 50s, in fact, i've never known a smoker with bronchitis ;)

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Originally posted by: dug777

i don't get one of them?

I know many smokers who've never had bronchitis, and are rudely healthy in their 50s, in fact, i've never known a smoker with bronchitis ;)

i think you do now. :p

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Hyperlite

i don't get one of them?

no waii ;)

I'm sure smoking sucks, but i know plenty of very active people of my parents generation who smoke, and they seem disgustingly healthy for people who suck down the tar and have done since like forever ;)

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Good dug, now the truth is smokers are more prone to infections in this area when they're sick. I know many smokers who have this problem. I'm not sure why people like you can't just accept the fact that smoking is NOT good for you...or the people around you.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Originally posted by: ch33zw1z
Good dug, now the truth is smokers are more prone to infections in this area when they're sick. I know many smokers who have this problem. I'm not sure why people like you can't just accept the fact that smoking is NOT good for you...or the people around you.

i think he can, hes just reflecting on how unfair it is that some people (albeit a select few) can do it for decades without health effects.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: ch33zw1z

All i can go on is the people i know who smoke, and they're sick a lot less than many other people i know who don't smoke (myself included, come to think about it) ;)

I'm not disputing anything, i'm just stating my personal experience with this to y'all, and somehow that makes me retarded? :p

EDIT: i am in NO way extending this experience to a pool of people ANY larger than the exact pool of people i am referring too, before you get too excited about that ;)

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

i don't get one of them?

no waii ;)

I'm sure smoking sucks, but i know plenty of very active people of my parents generation who smoke, and they seem disgustingly healthy for people who suck down the tar and have done since like forever ;)
rudely healthy? i highly doubt it.
that's like the guy who eats a pound of bacon a day and is in his 50's and hasn't had a heart attack "yet". there are always exceptions, but the rule is smokers destroy their lungs and deplete their immune systems. the good majority of them have hacky phlegmy coughs even when they don't have full blown bronchitis.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004

i don't get one of them?

no waii ;)

that's like the guy who eats a pound of bacon a day and is in his 50's and hasn't had a heart attack "yet". there are always exceptions, but the rule is smokers destroy their lungs and deplete their immune systems. the good majority of them have hacky phlegmy coughs even when they don't have full blown bronchitis.

So you've admitted that these rare individuals exist, but i'm a liar because there's no way i could know any of them? :confused:

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

i don't get one of them?

no waii ;)

So you've admitted that these rare individuals exist, but i'm a liar because there's no way i could know any of them? :confused:
yes. :D

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
I'm backing out of this thread now, because a) i'm off to bed, b) i don't enjoy being called a liar, and c) if you actually bother reading my posts i haven't excused smoking or suggested it's harmless other than to state my experience with smokers i know personally.

Everyone happy? :beer:

I don't smoke, no one in my family smokes, my gf of the last 5 years doesn't smoke, our kitty doesn't smoke, and none of that group like smoking or spend any time around smokers, all understanding that it is extremely harmful, as well as being remarkably expensive.

EDIT: wow, that came across as a bit pissy of me. It wasn't meant to be ;)

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Juno
i am not a smoker and i finished my prescription of antibiotics last month.
you may need a stronger antibiotic.
a sore throat that keeps coming back can be a sign of mononucleosis. tired much?
also, if it's viral an antibiotic won't help anyway.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Juno
i am not a smoker and i finished my prescription of antibiotics last month.
you may need a stronger antibiotic.
a sore throat that keeps coming back can be a sign of mononucleosis. tired much?
also, if it's viral an antibiotic won't help anyway.

i'm never that tired. i don't think i have a mono but it's just a sore throat that aches in pain.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
ok, i went to see doctor and she said running nose was the cause of sore throat.

dang, need to gargle more often. more time to rely on soup and hot tea.