gah! just about to leave for work and...

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
A Change of Seasons by Dream Theater starts playing. One of my favorite songs, one of those that you just have to sit down and listen to all the way through. Problem: its over 23 minutes long. Sorry, DT, but I can't afford to get fired because of you... :(

Gooose

Banned
Nov 9, 2004
never heard of it, you have a clip of some sort? maybe i do know it but not by the name :)

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Haha, I remember once in high school when my alarm clock woke me up at 5 in the morning with a Talking Heads song. Usually I'd slap the snooze button and fall back asleep in 4 seconds, but the song was so amazingly awesome at the time that I stayed awake to listen to the whole song.

Music is a powerful thing.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
<-- Has all the time in the world to listen to it! :p

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
I liked the industrial rock scene too at some point. Pull me Under was a cool song as well.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Gooose
never heard of it, you have a clip of some sort? maybe i do know it but not by the name :)

don't have a clip, sorry, but unless you're into progressive metal, you probably don't know it. DT really isn't a very mainstream abnd, althought a few of their videos have been given airtime on MTV or whatever. They have been described as "Rush meets Metallica," if that gives any inkling as to their sound.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
believe it or not, but NBC used parts of the "Fall and Winter" section from Change of Seasons for a video for the downhill slalom for the last winter Olympics. It was the cut scene during the finals of the slalom, apparently one of the highest viewed segments of the olympics. Considering they used winter mostly, the music fit surprisingly well to the snow scenes. Go figure, its dream theater. They do that.

I'll post the clip when I have the chance.