Question GA-X48-DQ6 question

Mahzinho

Sep 20, 2020
People, finally I decided and found a good priced X48 for upgrade my system. Only have 1 problem: it has 2x 12v for connect with 4 pin each and my PSU { Gigabyte PW400 } has 2x 12v too with 4 pin x 2, but I read on the manual it's better if you use an Extreme CPU with TDP >= 130w, since I am using and will be using in the new board the Q9300 that's 95w TDP, should I put the dual connectors or only 1? If I put the two I also believe will bring more stability, since it's written on the manual too, but if my CPU isn't >= 130w won't fry the CPU and bring the mainboard to failure too or should I really use the dual connectors? Thank you!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Connecting more power to the mb will not cause your mb to fail. What gpu are you running? 400w psu is kind of on low side.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
if the 2 x 4pin your talking about is the top right connector shown here:
Capture.PNG

Go ahead and use both 4 pins.
The board will only draw power as required, so having the extra 4 pin is a failover for intense overclocking.
If your not overclocking it wont matter, i would still connect it, as it will make wiring nicer instead of having a 4 pin dangle unused.

Intel has phased out of using just a single 4 pin unless its real low power systems.
But under most conditions all mid range and up boards on intel use the full 8 pin now which is 2 x 4 pin and some go even more then that with 2 x 8 pins for intense overclocking.

• Wow
Reactions: Shmee and Mahzinho

Mahzinho

Sep 20, 2020
if the 2 x 4pin your talking about is the top right connector shown here:
View attachment 44775

Go ahead and use both 4 pins.
The board will only draw power as required, so having the extra 4 pin is a failover for intense overclocking.
If your not overclocking it wont matter, i would still connect it, as it will make wiring nicer instead of having a 4 pin dangle unused.

Intel has phased out of using just a single 4 pin unless its real low power systems.
But under most conditions all mid range and up boards on intel use the full 8 pin now which is 2 x 4 pin and some go even more then that with 2 x 8 pins for intense overclocking.
thanks!