GA Republicans using new voter law to oust officials in the largest Democratic county

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Perhaps republicans finally figure out they need to bring a gun to a gunfight.

They just figured out they need to cheat to win. Well, unless you're contending the election really was stolen in at least 3 states while having no credible evidence that it was.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
How many republicans still believe their vote won’t get magically flipped by the librul deep state?

How many republicans will die of covid prior to midterms?

If I were a republican, that’s the shit that would keep me up at night.

Moscow Bitch must be shitting his pants if he’s actually willing to go against the GQP death cult.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Constant flow of misinformation, lies, unsubstantiated claims of every stripe and color, rumor mongering and laughable conspiracy fairy tales coming out of the Repub media mill all while Repub controlled states are legislating "voting rights laws" that are meant to "keep the integrity of the vote" and gerrymandering puzzle pieces of districts to lock in election victories for themselves. And then we have Mitch the Witch brewing up a coup de grace spell with his stuffing the Supreme Court with conservative activist judges beholden to his personal agenda of minority party rule.

And the *heh* "Party of Lincoln" with Ronnie Ray Gun Reagan and Don the Con Trump being their objects of idolatry are claiming exclusive ownership of the American flag and the patriotism it comes with to the exclusion of all others, is sticking to the preposterous notion that the only real American is a Republican one and any unlawful unethical immoral thing that's done by them to keep it that way is somehow righteous, approved of by the Christian Churches of America and therefore justified by their own Code of Conduct scrabbled together under the ever increasing alarm and panic of their "losing their rights" to people who don't deserve them.

This is what the Repub Party has devolved into, that they have to rely on their racists, their Nazis, their supremacists, their anarchist militias and their religious nutjob evangelists and an ex-president who in their eyes is still legally their president because his sure thing reelection got stolen from him, all in order to be considered as a legitimate political party whose beliefs warrant their being the sole guarantors and trust holders of the Constitution and Bill of Rights of which they are now actively violating and stomping into the dirt to get their way.

Reactions: balloonshark

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
My parents think that cheating is alright if it's being done by their side..... :eek:

What I've been observing is that the Repubs think there is no such thing as cheating done by their side, heaven forbid. To them their "cheating the system" is actually "evening the odds" and "leveling the playing field" against a system that is rigged against them, or so they're incessantly told by their favorite propaganda outlets on their screens and radios. They're the victims of an untold number of conspiracies authored by themselves of which they fight back by unleashing a horde of outlandish conspiracy theories against the ones they victimized themselves with. Cool huh?

And with each horrific tale of terror they spin, they frighten and panic themselves even further, leading to, among other unconstitutional treasonous unethical immoral acts they've committed circa Trump, these obviously racist and partisan "voter rights laws" that fixes the problem of their losing elections in states they think they own top to bottom inside and out.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If I'm not mistaken, it again all boils down to Joe Manchin.
Democrats could do something about this and about climate change and about infrastructure and about so many common sense seemingly no brainer issues, but no.....
We have one guy, just one traitorous guy who is standing in the way of progress. And soon it will be time for another election and republicans could indeed retake the house and senate and there you are.... technically the end of the Biden years. Two short years that achieved little, could have achieved much, certainly did not achieve what democrats had hoped for, and all because of one son of a bitch. One son of a bitch in sheep's clothing because Joe Manchin is indeed and in fact full on republican. Don't believe me? Just do the math....

Manchin is from a red state, Manchin knows he must side with the republicans on issues because his red voters expect it. His red voters expect this from Manchin to keep his ass from being fired. Joe Manchin has no other option but to act like a republican. I for one am tired of other democrats constantly giving Manchin a pat on the back with pretending that their colleague Joe Manchin will eventually see the light. It hasn't happened, and it never will happen because Manchin loyalties lie with red state republicans plain and simple. Otherwise, manchin would have lost his ass in his last election. WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE.... but that's another story.

Even though Joe Biden won and Donald Trump lost, and even though democrats took the house and senate, it doesn't matter. It really never mattered. If anyone doubts this, then November 2022 will remind you. Why is it that democrats always get stuck with these blue-dog assholes? They screwed up Obamacare during the Obama presidency, or they sure tried to. And now they are bringing down Joe Biden and his one and only chance. Well I don't mean THEY, I meant one..... the one and only son of a bitch Joe Manchin.

And when will the payback begin? After democrats lose the house and senate come 2022 and it becomes clear that the Biden era has come to an end, will Joe Manchin put his feet up on his senate desk and feel some sort of relief? Some sense of achievement? After all, he was successful in killing off Joe Biden. Manchin killed off the democrats only hope. And considering the voter suppression going on in every republican state across the nation, I dare say that democrats will never see the Whitehouse again in our lifetime, nor a democrat controlled house or senate.
Nope.... all of that will become a faded memory.

Nov 29, 2006
You could argue it matters MORE because of the cheating. We need dramatic democratic turnout to lead to the passage of voter protection laws.

Couldn't the Dems also man up and get rid of the filibuster and make voter protection laws that way? Honest question.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He is. Wolf in sheep's clothing. GOP infiltrater.

Either that or he's being blackmailed or bought. It certainly isn't any respectable principle or set of morals. The obstinate insistence that his own party be the only one restrained by the filibuster is a blatant act of sabotage IMO.

I suspect only people in Kentucky have more claim to be outraged over their representation fucking the entire country. Joe Manchin can go to hell.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Couldn't the Dems also man up and get rid of the filibuster and make voter protection laws that way? Honest question.
Yes, but it would require both dino's to be on board with making the change. Neither appear that willing to do so.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
No, it definitely still matters because they can only cheat so much.

Seems like their cheating is only limited by their imagination, based on the last several years.

The only solution is to give all citizens the right to vote by mail. This hodgepodge of voting laws, amplified to the racist extreme by Roberts tossing the VRA, is unsustainable. We are still one country and your rights shouldn't depend on which side of some random line you happen to live.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Seems like their cheating is only limited by their imagination, based on the last several years.

The only solution is to give all citizens the right to vote by mail. This hodgepodge of voting laws, amplified to the racist extreme by Roberts tossing the VRA, is unsustainable. We are still one country and your rights shouldn't depend on which side of some random line you happen to live.
Auto registration, and vote by mail. Democracy lives.

Reactions: dainthomas

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
What Manchin is trying to do is basically gambling. The important point to note is that majority of younger people in WV belong to either minority groups or are Democrats. While the old people in WV are in fact Republicans. Research has shown the birth rate is lower than the death rate in WV. I feel that WV is actually going to turn blue quite quickly. Manchin is just waiting for that to happen.

Sinema is a different issue.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
What Manchin is trying to do is basically gambling. The important point to note is that majority of younger people in WV belong to either minority groups or are Democrats. While the old people in WV are in fact Republicans. Research has shown the birth rate is lower than the death rate in WV. I feel that WV is actually going to turn blue quite quickly. Manchin is just waiting for that to happen.

Does enough of their population come out of their nod to vote.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Trump's share of the vote in WV increased between 2016 and 2020. Doesn't sound like a state that is trending blue to me.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Perhaps republicans finally figure out they need to bring a gun to a gunfight.

What gunfight? The fact that GOP voters are dying at an alarming rate from self inflicted policy, abuse, and addiction? That's not a gunfight. It's self induced genocide.

Reactions: hal2kilo