G700 vs Monoprice Cheapo, drawing circles and lines

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
So, I saw this little test in the other thread, and I wanted to replicate it with my two mice to see the different results. I've been using a G700 for a year now, and just recently got a cheap monoprice mouse to play with. I noticed instantly that the monoprice was hard to control for me. I find that the monoprice mouse moves a lot further in the vertical direction than the logitech (and most other mice, I believe).

QuxYAm3l.png

What does this mean? Does the G700 have an odd sensor, or does the monoprice? I feel like the logitech is more natural, and I've used many other mice including Dell, Microsoft, etc, but the moment I try to use the monoprice it feels unnatural. Also, why are the lines drawn by the G700 so rough (lots of little bumps)? Is it because of the wireless?

Here's a higher-res picture: http://i.imgur.com/QuxYAm3.png

Tsavo

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2009
My G500 produces the same jaggies. The level of jaggies varies greatly by type of surface.

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
Most mouse has a built in acceleration/correction feature that smoothen out the movement of the mouse this however means that your mouse pointer doesn't really move exactly the same as you move your mouse.

From that pic it looks like that the monoprice mouse's correction is quite strong in comparison with the g700 which has less/no correction

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
My G500 produces the same jaggies. The level of jaggies varies greatly by type of surface.

I'm using a Razer Goliathus Control pad. Do you know how to reduce the jaggies?

Most mouse has a built in acceleration/correction feature that smoothen out the movement of the mouse this however means that your mouse pointer doesn't really move exactly the same as you move your mouse.

From that pic it looks like that the monoprice mouse's correction is quite strong in comparison with the g700 which has less/no correction

I see. I can't seem to find a way to turn off the one in the monoprice's system, so I think I'm returning it. It's just too much to get used to.