G1 questions?

phreakwarz

Aug 18, 2014
What kind of overclocking are you getting?
Are these GPUs still as great as once expressed at launch?
If I remember, the G1 had some kind of port issue where the GPU didn't recognize the monitor. Has this been fixed?

Thanks.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
You should really be more specific. We can assume you mean gigabyte cards? A well worded question typically gets better answers.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
...and which G1 gigabyte cards actually. Iirc G1 flavor comes on all 9XX cards.

If my Youtube channel can be of any help, I have uploaded 70+ benchmarks so far, on my G1 GTX 970@1.5Ghz and core i5 2500k@4.8Ghz.

https://www.youtube.com/user/toutagamon/search?query=gtx+970+2500k

I am using MSI Afterburner for OC, with +50mV, Power limit @112%, Core clock +100Mhz, Memory +303Mhz and have left the fun to auto.

Gpuz says that my Boost should be 1429Mhz but as you will see at the end of my videos, MSI Afterburner reports 1518Mhz boost consistently.

Only in Skydive benchmark it went down to 1443Mhzm out of all the tests I have run, lol.

Also in case you watch any videos, you may encounter something that sounds like coil whine. It is not. It is an electrical disturbance of some sort, possibly coming from magnetic fields creeping through my cheap microphone cables and captured by my digital recorder.

It is only heard when I have the microphone enabled and the framerate is very high. Physically, I hear no coil whine whatsoever, but cannot vouch for every G1 card on the market.

If I can help with anything else, just ask.