G-d Damned homeless people.... :|

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i'm all for beating his ass into submission, just make sure you stick something in his hands to make it "self defense" :D
drag him into your apartment and say it was self-defense!

"IT'S COMING STRAIGHT AT US!"

:p (any south park fans?)

hehe.... right here baby :D

fataIerror

Mar 10, 2001
Think about this....

Said burglar/homeless man is a former martial artist or something of a high degree.
Said burglar/homeless man gets into drugs/alcohol and ruins his life, stripping him of his job/house/family.
Said burglar/homeless man steals change from your car.
You decide to wait for him and beat the sh!t out of him with a baseball bat as revenge.
Said burglar/homeless man (who has nothing in life to lose, and prison would probably be a blessing) beats you to a bloody pulp simply for the fact that he has nothing to lose.

Not supporting the homeless man but rather saying that you don't know his circumstances/history. Be careful. I think he would be deserving of an a$$-beating, but I wouldn't want to mess with anyone who has nothing to lose.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
amnesiac: I feel your pain, hobos are everyfukkingwhere in LA.
I was in downtown for the first time and decide to walk around commerical district.

a hobo came up and ask me for money, so I pretend not to understand english (coz me = chinese) and gave him the idiot me-no-english look. the dude then said, "you understand english," I then shook my head.

get it? :")

anyway, that guy called me a "fukking beloved patriot," which wasn't offensive to me at all coz I find the entire incident humorous.

and nice "Flamethrower" news.... for 650 bucks I think it's quite a steal. forget getting the Enkei 20' or the Apex exhaust.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: jooksing
bah!! USC students..
rolleye.gif

Does anyone else find this completely rude and uncalled for?

Originally posted by: fataIerror
Think about this....

Said burglar/homeless man is a former martial artist or something of a high degree.

You people like stretching your imaginations to their limits, don't you?
I've SEEN this crackhead. He's a shivering, slobbering mess that can barely stand on his own two feet.

fataIerror

Mar 10, 2001

Originally posted by: fataIerror
Think about this....

You people like stretching your imaginations to their limits, don't you?
I've SEEN this crackhead. He's a shivering, slobbering mess that can barely stand on his own two feet.[/quote]

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
You need to make a habit of locking and arming the alarm on your car.
I don't care if I'm in some uber high security parking garage. Unless some guy parks the car I'm locking the doors and arming the alarm.
Lock it or lose it.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I guess anything that's not bolted down is fair game
rolleye.gif

Maybe you should leave a wrench out for the stuff that is bolted down;)

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
Originally posted by: Mani
Just be thankful the homeless dude didn't take anything more valuable than a couple of bucks worth of change - I really don't understand how you're so worked up about this.

BECAUSE HE OPENED MY CAR DOOR AND TOOK MY STUFF.
It's the PRINCIPLE, dammit!

It doesn't matter if he took 10 cents or 100 bucks, that still doesn't make it acceptable for him to TRESPASS on private GATED property, open a car door that's not his, and take change that doesn't belong to him!

Yeah, I understand I was irresponsible for not locking my car, but now see if I have any sympathy for you when you leave a window open at home and get buglarized. :p

I never said it was acceptable for him to do what he did. But like I said, it could have been MUCH worse, considering the circumstances. It's a fact of life that shlt like this happens, regardless of whether it's right or not. I had a $200 parking permit taken out of my car one time because I accidentally forgot to lock up, and I didn't feel sorry for myself nor did I expect anyone else to.

Originally posted by: astaroth33
Sounds like you've never had anything stolen from you, or any of your property vandalized. It can be a very upsetting experience (just ask notfred..)

See above. But when it happened to me, I wasn't so angry because I realized my carelessness in not locking the door, even despite the fact that the value of the goods stolen from me was far more.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I grew up in Reading, PA(not a nice place). One day, I dropped my keys outside of 8th and Washington(not a nice part of this already not nice city)...when I came back out, I found them in my door :Q Nothing was taken, not my high end stereo, digital camera, or camcorder(though they were all hidden well). I was SCARED. It was in the passenger door, so I know I didn't put them there. Weird, weird stuff.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: BillGates
I still stand by my vote to rig a bomb to get him nicely, and then you can laugh at him when he's a little stump rolling down the sidewalk.

As for your car that would be destroyed..... Maybe ransack the dude's pockets for change to start saving again ;)

I 2nd that! ;)

Oct 16, 1999
In this world, if you don't lock your door, you are asking to get robbed, the homeless guy merely obliged, and you ought to thank him for not taking more in this little lesson he gave you. Don't do something stupid and act shocked when something bad comes of it.

ChangLi

Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: baffled2
for a second I thought Jerboy was back

Why not just lock your car tonight and be grateful that more wasn't taken?

werd sister, werd!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
If you beat this guy, you might go to jail, lose your job, get sued for all your money, become homeless, and have to break into people's cars and steal change. It's a viscious cycle that you must not perpetuate :D

ChangLi

Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: BillGates
Screw beating him up - leave the doors wide open and rig a bomb to blow the creep's arms and legs off. If he gets nailed, too bad, he should have rememebered pre-school lessons of keeping your hands on your own belongings.

Not only was he trespassing by going into your vehicle, but stealing, stanking up your car, and you also never know when he's gonna get motivated and steal the entire car.

If a person takes the risk of entering somebody else's car without permission, whether locked or unlocked, they deserve whatever may happen to them.

That's the kind of "thinking" we need in America today
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

scorp00

Mar 21, 2001
Glue some razor blades up inside your door handles. He'll only try to open your car once, and never again. :) You might wanna set the alarm too, just incase that pisses him off and he takes it out on the car.

And leave yourself a note so you don't get the same treatment. ;)

BooneRebel

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
I've SEEN this crackhead. He's a shivering, slobbering mess that can barely stand on his own two feet.
Ever think about helping him? Seriously. Regardless of how he appears he is a human being, obviously in need of help. You lose a dollar in change and the best response you can think of is beating him with a baseball bat?

Jan 18, 2001
Sorry your car got broken into. I am also sorry that your anger is getting the best of you. This response shows why 'conservative compassion' is an oxymoron.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
If the world were drawn in strict lines of black and white, things would be a lot less complicated. Yes, you were invaded and that feels crummy, but try walking a mile in the homeless person's shoes before you are so quick to anger.

For example, what if he's some guy that's mentally ill that wandered away from his family and has no real notion of who he is or where he came from, just lost in a big scary world?

If you don't want to leave him food because you don't want to encourage that behavior, I can understand, but why not compromise and leave him some food along with a note telling him you'd appreciate that he not touch your property?

And if it really bothers you that much, just make sure you keep your doors locked so it doesn't happen again.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: baffled2
for a second I thought Jerboy was back

Why not just lock your car tonight and be grateful that more wasn't taken?

Definately not your most compassionate or least egocentric post, Amnesiac
rolleye.gif

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: BooneRebel
Ever think about helping him? Seriously. Regardless of how he appears he is a human being, obviously in need of help. You lose a dollar in change and the best response you can think of is beating him with a baseball bat?

I've been a cocaine addict and I can tell you NOTHING can be done for an addict unless the addict chooses to help himself. This is why forced treatment and even prison RARELY cures an addict.

Nothing he can do will help this guy. And the fact that he has ruined himself does NOT make the addict's actions any more excusable.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: scorp00
Glue some razor blades up inside your door handles. He'll only try to open your car once, and never again. :) You might wanna set the alarm too, just incase that pisses him off and he takes it out on the car.

And leave yourself a note so you don't get the same treatment. ;)

Hehe, reminds me when this fool at the mall dings my door and thinks nothing of it. I look the gum I was chewing and covered his keyhole as well as the bottom of the handle. Man I wish I was their to see him find out.