OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Obama is going to win and get healthcare reform

Neenerneener!

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Voting on legislation that no one has read in the deal of night on a Sunday/Monday....

I guess thats what Democrats mean by "transparency"

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well Reid followed one republican senator with a great speech summing up healthcare as it is today and what this bill, watered down as it may be, would address in improving healthcare access for everyone.
Later on CNN, did you catch that insurance hack that punked CNN into believing she had a sick child and was pro reform just to CNN get air time?
CNN announced her as a mother with a sick child, a child that just went thru a major operation using up all their insurance company’s set 1 million payout lifetime limit. One operation costing over 1 million for the child, and now the insurance company was saying, that’s it kid-o. You're on your own for any future healthcare costs.

So this lady comes on, and immediately starts bashing reform, the very reform that would eliminate the 1 million pay out limit insurance providers now impose. Adding she doesn’t want reform nor does she trust those proposing reform.
The CNN interviewer, I believe it was CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, was a bit taken back at her rant on reform, considering her child just used up the 1 million limit or healthcare. And as one can imagine, just one more such surgery, if needed by that sick child, would no doubt send that family into bankruptcy and thus probably home foreclosure.

So why was this mother against reform? And when asked how her child was now doing after surgery this mother just kind of coldly glossed over her response.
It was then I realized, this so called mother was a setup and a hack.
She was able to punk CNN into giving her airtime to knock the very reform that would save her child and family, if indeed she even had a sick child or is a mother at all.

Reform is getting closer, and it must be for the good of the people, since the insurance companies and republicans are now obviously in total panic mode.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Voting on legislation that no one has read in the deal of night on a Sunday/Monday....

I guess thats what Democrats mean by "transparency"

If you caught Reid's speech, Reid mentioned that was due to republican game playing that they were even there at 1am voting. Guessed you missed that little fact.

Last edited:

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Well Reid followed one republican senator with a great speech summing up healthcare as it is today and what this bill, watered down as it may be, would address in improving healthcare access for everyone.
Later on CNN, did you catch that insurance hack that punked CNN into believing she had a sick child and was pro reform just to CNN get air time?
CNN announced her as a mother with a sick child, a child that just went thru a major operation using up all their insurance company’s set 1 million payout lifetime limit. One operation costing over 1 million for the child, and now the insurance company was saying, that’s it kid-o. You're on your own for any future healthcare costs.

So this lady comes on, and immediately starts bashing reform, the very reform that would eliminate the 1 million pay out limit insurance providers now impose. Adding she doesn’t want reform nor does she trust those proposing reform.
The CNN interviewer, I believe it was CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, was a bit taken back at her rant on reform, considering her child just used up the 1 million limit or healthcare. And as one can imagine, just one more such surgery, if needed by that sick child, would no doubt send that family into bankruptcy and thus probably home foreclosure.

So why was this mother against reform? And when asked how her child was now doing after surgery this mother just kind of coldly glossed over her response.
It was then I realized, this so called mother was a setup and a hack.
She was able to punk CNN into giving her airtime to knock the very reform that would save her child and family, if indeed she even had a sick child or is a mother at all.

Reform is getting closer, and it must be for the good of the people, since the insurance companies and republicans are now obviously in total panic mode.

amazing how people can interpret the same thing completely different.

while i agree that reform needs to be done, i would like it done correctly, not a rush job like this cluster fuck of a bill has become and i can only speculate it will become more of one when they combine the two together - grab your ankles america, no lube allowed. this whole "reform" has been a cluster fuck, nothing more. the current regime is trying harder to bankrupt this country more than the any other regime/administration in this country's history.

you know that some shit is fucked up when you are having to bribe anyone into doing anything. by the way, how is that legal? if i were to bribe a politician for something i am sure i and the politician would get into trouble, but politicians are able to bribe and payout to other politicians using the taxpayers money? please explain that to me...anybody

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
If you caught Reid's speech, Reid mentioned that was due to republican game playing that they were even there at 1am voting. Guessed you missed that little fact.

man, you will believe anything they tell. i am sure if reid told you the world was flat you would believe that too. fucking sheep

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I have to say that what we got in health care reform is far short if what we should could have got. But when I play the blame game, its a damn no brainer, I blame the clueless, corrupt, and unprincipled republirats for the clusterfuck we got.

What we got is little better than what we had. And as the vultures circle, we can all just wait for our whole damn health care system to collapse into unfundable greed.

Because what we got is only a bandaid to cover a gaping wound.

Piss on the GOP, shame on the GOP, death to the GOP. A formerly principled political party that has sold itself to lobbyists and idiots.

And now real US health care reform that is manifestly needed is kicked many years into the future. And the costs will be in continuing US citizen misery and death.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
I have to say that what we got in health care reform is far short if what we should could have got. But when I play the blame game, its a damn no brainer, I blame the clueless, corrupt, and unprincipled republirats for the clusterfuck we got.

What we got is little better than what we had. And as the vultures circle, we can all just wait for our whole damn health care system to collapse into unfundable greed.

Because what we got is only a bandaid to cover a gaping wound.

Piss on the GOP, shame on the GOP, death to the GOP. A formerly principled political party that has sold itself to lobbyists and idiots.

And now real US health care reform that is manifestly needed is kicked many years into the future. And the costs will be in continuing US citizen misery and death.

you have to be real and blame both sides as they have both sold their souls to the lobbyist, they are both at fault. this is a failure by our elected officials of epic proportions, not one side but both.

and in referring to reids bullshit speech - how did you like how he referred to himself as "your leader" and not "your elected official", pretty obvious how they feel. we are the slaves of our own government, has been happening for easily the past 30yrs but now has been pushed into overdrive.

how can any of you be happy w/ the way the gov has grown and is continuing to grow and spend? the us is just western europe.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

Yeah. Republican game playing. When the Dems have a 60 vote majority. More like they needed more time to buy votes from holdout Dems.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yeah. Republican game playing. When the Dems have a 60 vote majority. More like they needed more time to buy votes from holdout Dems.

Really? Please name the 60 DEMOCRATS in the Senate...

And republicans cannot play games when they are not the majority? Really? Their votes mean nothing? Could have sworn with 100 members of congress that 40 people not wanting to participate in legislation is a stumbling block. Stop being a disingenuous hack.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
amazing how people can interpret the same thing completely different.

while i agree that reform needs to be done, i would like it done correctly, not a rush job like this cluster fuck of a bill has become and i can only speculate it will become more of one when they combine the two together - grab your ankles america, no lube allowed. this whole "reform" has been a cluster fuck, nothing more. the current regime is trying harder to bankrupt this country more than the any other regime/administration in this country's history.

you know that some shit is fucked up when you are having to bribe anyone into doing anything. by the way, how is that legal? if i were to bribe a politician for something i am sure i and the politician would get into trouble, but politicians are able to bribe and payout to other politicians using the taxpayers money? please explain that to me...anybody

75 years in the making and over 6 months of debate is a rush job? GUess you need another 75 years, right? 14 years of GOP control and no utterance of health care reform. Health care reform debate and all 40 republicans lock themselves out of the process....

Yep, rush!

With our occupations we spend 800 billion a year WITHOUT BATTING AN EYE but 1 trillion over TEN years is "growing and expanding" government? Get a clue.. our empire building is WAYYYYYYY more out of control and does NOT help us...

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
75 years in the making and over 6 months of debate is a rush job? GUess you need another 75 years, right? 14 years of GOP control and no utterance of health care reform. Health care reform debate and all 40 republicans lock themselves out of the process....

Yep, rush!

With our occupations we spend 800 billion a year WITHOUT BATTING AN EYE but 1 trillion over TEN years is "growing and expanding" government? Get a clue.. our empire building is WAYYYYYYY more out of control and does NOT help us...

(1) Do you know what is in the health care bill? Seems if the Democrats have been crafting this for 75 years, you think they could have figured out how to actually explain the details to the public. No one knows the details. You don't know the details.

(2) Democrats decided not to work with Republicans, not the other way around.

(3) Military powers are granted to the federal government by the constitution. Health care is not.

Think about it, you hate Republicans, and there will come a time when Republicans take control of the government again. Do you really want Republicans in full control of your health?

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
(1) Do you know what is in the health care bill? Seems if the Democrats have been crafting this for 75 years, you think they could have figured out how to actually explain the details to the public. No one knows the details. You don't know the details.

(2) Democrats decided not to work with Republicans, not the other way around.

(3) Military powers are granted to the federal government by the constitution. Health care is not.

Think about it, you hate Republicans, and there will come a time when Republicans take control of the government again. Do you really want Republicans in full control of your health?

1. The senators have access to it. Let them read it.

2. For every concession the democrats made, the republicans just demanded more with no compromise. Period. Single payer? no. Public option? No,. Medicare buy in? No. The republicans gave up no ground for any compromise.

The republicans had 14 years in control and never dealt with healthcare.. do you think that they all of a sudden care? Did you SEE their bill? tax cuts? What kind of sick twisted version of reality are they following They have NO INTEREST IN REFORM. Use your brain for once instead of your partisan hackery.

The democrats are a bunch of spineless sellouts, but at least they try to actually address issues that help people rather than kill people.

3. Ludicrously wasteful spending is ok if the constitution allows it? Really.. the constitution was for the most military spending in the world for emprie building? I am pretty sure that is not what the founders intended.

We are talking reality. 100 billion a year for our own people vs 800 billion for killing and spreading an empire....

The senators and our people don't bat an eye at it, yet 100 billion a year will "break us.

Senators do not directly control their programs.. so your fear mongering is just laughable. I'd rather give non profit government control of health care than give fat cats on wall street more incentive to kill people for profit.

Just like I'd rather give unions control of the work place rather than have a country full of sweatshop labor with big business controlling the country like it did before unions.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
The republicans had 14 years in control and never dealt with healthcare.. do you think that they all of a sudden care? Did you SEE their bill? tax cuts? What kind of sick twisted version of reality are they following They have NO INTEREST IN REFORM. Use your brain for once instead of your partisan hackery.
They attempted a few things, say what you want against Medicare Part D. Other things they tried, Democrats blocked them in the Senate. Tort reform would be the one that readily comes to mind, Dubya got that done in Texas while Governor, then all through his Presidency, trial lawyers have been pumping all their money into Democrat campaign purses to block any further tort reform.

The democrats are a bunch of spineless sellouts, but at least they try to actually address issues that help people rather than kill people.
And sometimes it takes someone even bigger than the "well intentioned" to realize the limitations of one's own capacities.

We are talking reality. 100 billion a year for our own people vs 800 billion for killing and spreading an empire....

The senators and our people don't bat an eye at it, yet 100 billion a year will "break us.
Have you looked at what the government's liability is on the entitlements already in place?

Just like I'd rather give unions control of the work place rather than have a country full of sweatshop labor with big business controlling the country like it did before unions.

Full union control is not good either, the big union states are the ones with the highest unemployment in the nation. If you want to talk reality, how many sweatshop factories do you know of in this country?

Last edited:

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
They attempted a few things, say what you want against Medicare Part D. Other things they tried, Democrats blocked them in the Senate. Tort reform would be the one that readily comes to mind, Dubya got that done in Texas while Governor, then all through his Presidency, trial lawyers have been pumping all their money into Democrat campaign purses to block any further tort reform.

And sometimes it takes someone even bigger than the "well intentioned" to realize the limitations of one's own capacities.

Have you looked at what the government's liability is on the entitlements already in place?

Full union control is not good either, the big union states are the ones with the highest unemployment in the nation.

You ignored half my points and compared a medicare reform to "health care reform"... how did medicare "reform" help 100s of millions of americans under 65?

How is tort reform in Texas(which has done nothing) relevant to the country as a whole or 14 years of republican control?

A public option is not an entitlement program since peopel would be fully paying for their coverage... medicare is paid into and therefore is not entitlement either....

Btw, do you call wars made to profit defense contractors entitlement programs at the expense of 100s of thousands killed?

Last edited: