Futurama and Family Guy on TBS now

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
I was watching my TV Wonder on my spare system here at the office and was flipping through the channels when I saw both of these on (1pm/1:30pm Central.) They didn't used to be on there as far as I know. This must be a brand new lineup as they're showing the first episode of each. I realize both of these are on Cartoon Network now, but just FYI in case you don't watch Cartoon Network at night.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Arg, I want to watch and record some TV on my Tivo device, but those darn cable people and their "we'll be there within the 4 hour time we gave to you".

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Originally posted by: BoomAM
I thought Futurama was cancelled. Or are they showing the old ones?
Old ones. They had the first episode of Futurama today and what I THINK was the first episode of Family Guy. Either way, I'm glad they're both on now. It gives me something new to watch.

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
Its a shame that they arnt doing any more Futurama. IMO, it was better than the Simpsons. bty, i said IMO, so no flames.

AmdInside

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
Futurama was canceled a while back on Fox. Reruns are still showing. Damn. Futurama is not showing on tvguide.com. Want to check what time it plays so I can leave it recording since I am working at that time.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Yes! I just randomly caught FG too....woot!

There was a Cartoon Network commercial for the show on Adult Swim, also....does TBS own CN?

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: JC
Yes! I just randomly caught FG too....woot!

There was a Cartoon Network commercial for the show on Adult Swim, also....does TBS own CN?

Cartoon Network is owned by Time-Warner/AOL. TBS is owned by Turner Broadcasting.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
An article in the latest issue of Newsweek says there might be hope for Family Guy. It's a HUGE success on The Cartoon Network and has become the highest rated show in TCN's history. It's even outdrawing both Leno and Lettermen on the 18-34 male demographic (the most sought by many advertisers). The Cartoon Network is trying to get Seth McFarlane to relaunch the show and produce new episodes. So far it's a no-go as McFarlane is involved in a new series, but if that fails, who know? It would be great if the series got resurrected and we got some new episodes. This should make the Fox programming morons who trashed it look like idiots.

BTW, 50 episodes were made, but only 49 aired on Fox. There's an unaired episode that dealt with religion and it was considered to be too controversial for advertisers. TCN plans to show it in the next re-run cycle.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Peter "I need to get me a Jewish accountant"
Clevland " You know Peter not all Jewish people are good at math?"
Peter " Well yeah not the retarded ones"

Well something like that anyway. Its been a month or so since I saw it :).

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Josh
Family Guy is a great show. Stewie is the best.

For real. I bought seasons 1+2 on DVD. 28 episodes for $30 is sweet. The commentary is stupid though.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
An article in the latest issue of Newsweek says there might be hope for Family Guy. It's a HUGE success on The Cartoon Network and has become the highest rated show in TCN's history. It's even outdrawing both Leno and Lettermen on the 18-34 male demographic (the most sought by many advertisers). The Cartoon Network is trying to get Seth McFarlane to relaunch the show and produce new episodes. So far it's a no-go as McFarlane is involved in a new series, but if that fails, who know? It would be great if the series got resurrected and we got some new episodes. This should make the Fox programming morons who trashed it look like idiots.

BTW, 50 episodes were made, but only 49 aired on Fox. There's an unaired episode that dealt with religion and it was considered to be too controversial for advertisers. TCN plans to show it in the next re-run cycle.

Fox programmers have already proved they're idiots, by cancelling FG and Futurama. Their saving grace is that they gave these series a chance, but didn't recognize a good thing when they saw it. How the average shows like MITM and KOTH stayed on air is beyond me.

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
King of the Hill? I think it was on before both so it just stuck in the lineup. And Malcolm in the Middle *used* to be a great series.
-- mrcodedude