Fury Nano Discussion Thread

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2009
What is ideal about TPU?

Because they are one of the more reliable gauge for performance due to their big list of games, it minimizes selection bias, compare to say [H], that has 4 games.

How best to measure hardware performance, should be in as many games as possible to give an accurate picture.

This is bad news if AMD can't even send TPU one, they are going for special binned Fijis, out of an already low volume part.. it means they can price it whatever the heck they want because there's gonna be so few available.

If it's so volume now after so long, it doesn't inspire faith that HBM2 will be A-Ok in 2016.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Because they are one of the more reliable gauge for performance due to their big list of games, it minimizes selection bias, compare to say [H], that has 4 games.

How best to measure hardware performance, should be in as many games as possible to give an accurate picture.

This is bad news if AMD can't even send TPU one, they are going for special binned Fijis, out of an already low volume part.. it means they can price it whatever the heck they want because there's gonna be so few available.

If it's so volume now after so long, it doesn't inspire faith that HBM2 will be A-Ok in 2016.
Fury x is still sold out so ya there are still inventory issues.
I'm not a worried about hmb2 though I think all of these cards with hbm1 are going to be lower volume and amd is focused on a high volume top down hbm2 line up.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Fury x is still sold out so ya there are still inventory issues.
I'm not a worried about hmb2 though I think all of these cards with hbm1 are going to be lower volume and amd is focused on a high volume top down hbm2 line up.

I've seen no reports of low availability of HBM1 as being the reason for Fury inventory. We did see where the company that makes the TSV said they just recently entered volume production. That's more likely the issue, IMO.

Feb 19, 2009
I've seen no reports of low availability of HBM1 as being the reason for Fury inventory. We did see where the company that makes the TSV said they just recently entered volume production. That's more likely the issue, IMO.

Possibly the stacking technology is just lacking currently, hopefully they have it resolve for HBM2.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008

And I've only made statements about the availability of AMD cards and not HBM1....

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
And I've only made statements about the availability of AMD cards and not HBM1....

I misunderstood then. I thought you were blaming it on HBM1 as you seem to think HBM2 won't suffer shortages. You are just talking low volume of the cards as a conscience decision then?

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Thread reopened, with a reminder that the title is "Fury Nano Discussion Thread".
-- stahlhart

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Not sure why there are now 2 threads about the Nano here... this one (which was in the 'video card section) and http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2444454 (which has always been in the AMD section).

In any event, launch day is tomorrow, so, hopefully there will be enough supply for people that want one to buy it.

Well I would think the one in the AMD section would have to apply to the rules here, where the general section would be more open for debate vs. nVidia etc...

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Wow... if this guy is reviewing products... and has his own site... anyone can do it.

Anyone....

monstercameron

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2013
Wow... if this guy is reviewing products... and has his own site... anyone can do it.

Anyone....

"yeah man screw nvidia for not sending me a press sample hur dur..." Im going to review nvidia products on my pro apu blog.

I really don't understand why Roy must equivocate, these jerk-offs can display private messages and disparaging remarks about AMD and its staff and he apologizes...I don't understand this stuff...maybe that's why I'm not vice president of X or something.

Last edited:

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
"yeah man screw nvidia for not sending me a press sample hur dur..." Im going to review nvidia products on my pro apu blog.

I really don't understand why Roy must equivocate, these jerk-offs can display private messages and disparaging remarks about AMD and its staff and he apologizes...I don't understand this stuff...maybe that's why I'm not vice president of X or something.
Probably why then if you don't understand or think an email chain like this is out of the ordinary....

Feb 19, 2009
See what I've been telling you guys for over a year. The change in attitude (pro NV, anti-AMD) was sudden and obvious.

Their Alien Isolation review praised the optimizations, moving the industry forward for all gamers, since its very optimized for all GPUs despite AMD sponsorship... then they flip flop and claims GameWorks is moving the industry forward, blaming AMD for bad performance in NV titles.

Freaken joke site, the sell out is utterly complete.

AMD has learnt a very important lesson, don't let these shills beat them with their own stick. Keeping Nano out of their hands is the best thing they could do for this launch, and now it clearly showcases how biased [H] is and anti-AMD, anything they publish in the future will be laughed at. Well played AMD, well played.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2009
A few numbers from the Swede review, looks like Nano is faster than Fury Air, bit behind Fury X as Zlatan said.

AT's result has it behind Fury Air.

Must be different ambient temps.

Feb 19, 2009
Guru3d: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-nano-review,1.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_nano_review,36.html

Oh yeah, 1070mhz core with +power limit. Look at that scaling, not bad for a tiny mITX card.

CWNjtOo.jpg

It's basically a Fury X on performance with an OC, that uses less power at the same clocks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.