Funny things people say

TomC25

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
My friend buys a Dell

His wife wants to know what her email will be so I say "You get 1 year free MSN with this Dell package and it will be something@MSN.com"

So she says "Is that our web page (MSN)?"

I said "No, that is your ISP"

she says "So, what is AOL then, is that like Netscape and Yahoo?"

I say "No, it is a program similar to Netscape in that you can browse the internet with it but...."

she interupts me and says "So, do we get Yahoo?"

At this point I realize she needs a good run-through of what the internet is, so I begin with "To see the internet you need a browser, IE/Netscape, it is like a TV and the internet itself is the shows. Yahoo is a place to go and IE/Netscape is the tool to get there."

I thought this would make it easier, but she says "I can't follow what you are saying, tell me another time."

hahahaha

Fearlss1

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Yeah man I get the same SH1t I work for custom somputer company and I hear stuff like that all the time..
But at least it makes for a good , funny day, until they ask.. Well CAN YOU COME OVER to my house and show me this..
Thats when it sucks

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
She obviously was never listning to you from the start (of your explanation I mean). I hate it when people do that; just shrug you off even before you're done explaning.

TomC25

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
It is also funny to me that they bought a $1700 Dell computer just to have one and I had to show them how to turn it on, how to click on the icons, and how to shut it down.

I tried talking them into a cheaper one so they could learn what computers are about and then see if they want a high end system.

They only want it to surf, oh and to "make money using the internet somehow"

haha

no clue at all