Fullscreen movies on Hydravision?

TheBlindMan

Jun 8, 2001
I've just installed my new Radeon 8500 video card, updated to the latest drivers and had a poke around at all the settings. It's set up to dual display to my monitor and to my TV set. I've managed to get everything I wanted working atleast once but I haven't figured out how to watch a <U>fullscreen</U> movie on the TV and have something else on the monitor. When I set the movie to fullscreen I get half the image on the TV and the other half on the monitor. It's like I need 2 desktops running simultaneously and a toggle to switch back and forth. Does anyone know how it can be done?

TIA

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Go to the overlay settings and pick "Theater Mode". The ATI file player and Zoom Player will work minimized to the taskbar. WMP will work, but not if minimized. Theater mode with overscan enabled is my prefered method to watch movies.

TIP Theater mode won't work with "live" TV, but enable timeshift, and you can watch TV via Theater Mode as well.

Good Luck!

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
My experience is that Theater Mode overlay will work minimized with cloned desktop and WMP in XP but not 2000. For the latter you can make the player as small as possible and move it mostly off-screen. Going too small or too far off-screen will cause Theater Mode to fail.

TheBlindMan

Jun 8, 2001
Those ATi drivers still need ALOT of work. Thanks for the Theater Mode setting, it's exactly what I was looking for. Now if I could get the setting to stick when switching back and forth between dual display I'd be set!