Full Test: 2004 Acura TSX

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
doesn't volvo have a turbo V5?

i make more torque than the TSX

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: ElFenix

No, it's an inline 5 also.

And despite your torque, the TSX is probably faster than what you drive.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Originally posted by: KingNothing
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Everyone thinks the TSX is underpowered, yet they're still selling strong despite all the negativity and still getting great reviews. I'm sure Honda's got another powerplant in the works. If sales fall flat after two years all they need to do is resurrect the Vigor's V5 and put some i-VTEC on it...folks will eat it up again....

V5?
:eek: yeah that was a bad slip! G25A1 is definately inline! Bit more torque than your standard 4-banger, and 176hp too (not bad for cars back then...)

Those Vigors are damn popular here in Toronto. I also thought they were V5s..(there have been V5s in production I believe).

not possible to have a V-5 engine, but i'll let you believe.. ;)

hehe
they are nice cars. friend i know is trying to do his up.. not much out for them.

the TSX has a mint interior.. i love it!! but it's just a Honda Accord on the outside... :(

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: OS

edmunds say i'm 0.8 seconds faster 0-60

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: OS

edmunds say i'm 0.8 seconds faster 0-60

what are you driving now dude?

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: CraigRT

what are you driving now dude?

He probably won't tell us. I notice elfenix has this habit of sniping and talking smack up and down about imports while at the same time never saying what he drives.

If he did, the rest of us would probably point and laugh at him for calling the kettle black. I think he actually drives a taurus or something. :\

At any rate, I wanna know where he got his numbers from.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: wixt0r
I like Acura's... Styling is simple, yet effective.

The IS300 still looks better and it's 4 years older :D

isildur

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Honestly, there isn't a better time to be a car enthusiast right now. You just can't go wrong with a multitude of car choices covering all the angles. From the luxury oriented A4 to the sport-leaning cars like the G35, 3-series, TSX, IS300. Then you have the STi and EVO; with the SRT-4 and Mazdaspeed Protege and SE-R...then you have 2-doors like the Z, RX8, S2000, Crossfire, etc...

Truly an awesome time.

Too bad many of us don't have the money...but thats to our advantage. Once I graduate, these cars should be cheaper in teh used car market!!

I've got 9k miles on my 03 MazdaSpeed Protege. Doesn't have the power of an STI or EVO or G35, but I also spent about $12 less and I can cut the curves with any of them.

1/4 in about 15.2 or so stock (i.e. 6psi boost).
Spend $130 on boostgauge/manual boost controller, increase to ~10psi and voila 1/4 = 14.2.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
The TSX looks like a very nice car... it looks sharp, if a little bland. I've seen several on the road and they look much better than the Accord sedan. FWD is kind of a bummer in this segment, though.

I probably wouldn't buy one myself over some of the competition but I can see how this car would appeal to some.