Full benchmark set for Bulldozer family

Status
Not open for further replies.

HW2050Plus

Jan 12, 2011
A full set of usual benchmarks emerged for Interlagos and Zambezi on the following source:

http://news.mydrivers.com/1/160/160285.htm

They are showing quite good results and give a lot of additional information.

According to the source AMD Bulldozer will have

- up to 1.6 GHz of Turbo (0.6 GHz to 1.6 GHz)
- additional 4 KByte Trace Cache

Especially the latter trace cache is quite important in my opinion since it helps a lot the increase the throughput in loops. Sandy Bridge already shows what a trace cache can do to overcome decoder limitations.

With a Bulldozer being able to issue 12 instructions / cycle / module this is even more important as for Sandy Bridge which can issue 4 instructions / cycle / core.

Plenty of benchmarks and news, so let's discuss ...

April fools joke spoof from last year.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

HW2050Plus

Jan 12, 2011
Is it real?

It says "Happy April Fools Day" at the end

Good question.

What I think is quite interesting is the SSE bench results. So if they are fake then an expert created them, because only experts might know, that the performance increase in integer SSE is significantly more than for float SSE. I mean you need some deep knowledge to fake create those test results.

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
Yeah I hate afd. A lie is a lie no matter what day you do it. Thats one screwy tradition...

Edit: I doubt AMD would make that logo their showing. Bulldozer is only the internal name, and not the brand name. So that logo is probably a fake.

Last edited:

pantsaregood

Feb 13, 2011
I want this to be true, but I don't think it is. The "AMD Bulldozer" emblem looks silly, and the article is dated 4/2/2010.

HW2050Plus

Jan 12, 2011
Okay would be too good to be true but obviously it is a 1. April one.

Problem is that this was already postet in a April 2010 joke and it is a repost. However it is extremly well made with a lot of effort.

But as these are definitely from April 2010 they are useless.

Obviously we have to pass the time around April as some fools start that today in March, long before 1st of April.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
A full set of usual benchmarks emerged for Interlagos and Zambezi on the following source:

http://news.mydrivers.com/1/160/160285.htm

They are showing quite good results and give a lot of additional information.

According to the source AMD Bulldozer will have

- up to 1.6 GHz of Turbo (0.6 GHz to 1.6 GHz)
- additional 4 KByte Trace Cache

Especially the latter trace cache is quite important in my opinion since it helps a lot the increase the throughput in loops. Sandy Bridge already shows what a trace cache can do to overcome decoder limitations.

With a Bulldozer being able to issue 12 instructions / cycle / module this is even more important as for Sandy Bridge which can issue 4 instructions / cycle / core.

Plenty of benchmarks and news, so let's discuss ...

Dude the timestamp on the "april fool's article" is 2010...at least dig for the april fool's jokes that are coming out this year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.