Fujitsu Refurb Laptop 999$ 1GHZ-P3 DVD-CDRW 14.1 (Deal Dead)

elanarchist

Dec 8, 2001
Nice deal on a laptop from a great company. Look for the "Refurbished C-6631" in the bottom right of the page here. Complete specs here. Quick specs below:

999 dollars gets you the following:
? Mobile Pentium® III processor 1GHz featuring Intel® SpeedStep? Technology
? 14.1" XGA TFT display
? 128MB memory
? 20GB hard drive
? Built-in 8x DVD/CD-RW Combo drive
? Built-in 3.5" floppy disk drive
? Built-in 56K V.90 modem
? Built-in 10/100 Base-Tx Ethernet
? 90-day Limited Warranty
? Windows Millennium Edition

Shipping seems to be about 30$, plus tax in some states. Great deal, IMHO, if you don't mind refurb. Oh yeah, my first post, so don't be too critical plz:D

(Edited to correct small typo)

odz

Jan 10, 2001
Thats a good deal. Only possible downsides are the 90 day warranty, and that it is only upgradeable to 256mb ram.

ahwei

Feb 3, 2001
good deal! would jump on it if i have the cash...the notebook looks good too...

kbrock

Oct 4, 2001
I bought a Fujitsu laptop back in 1997. I have replaced the LCD screen, motherboard, and had two batteries fail (received the second from a lawsuit that Fujitsu lost concerning the batteries). The only reason I didn't spend a fortune is that I bought an extended warranty from CDW. Just a heads up.

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
both my CCs are maxed out, arghhh
i sure hope it doesn't get out of stock by time i free up my limits

Burnt

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2001
wow this is a nice deal. Wish I had the cash, I'll just have to stick with my gateway solo..

Atrac

Golden Member
Mar 26, 2000
This is a disgustingly hot deal! :)

The only weak part is the video:

ATI® RAGE Mobility?-P high-performance, low-power graphics controller and no-compromise performance in 3D acceleration

The "-P" means it is PCI, not AGP. This is not bad as long as you don't want to use it for any type of gaming. DVD Playback will be fine however.

HOT HOT HOT Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!

akiraxtc

Feb 1, 2001
well it' spretty good laptop for the price.. and i love the screen on fujitsu laptops!! Just make sure you get more warranty :D

ahwei

Feb 3, 2001
I'm very interested in this deal, but the video performance is holding me back... with the ATI Rage Mobility, what kind of video performance will I be expecting? Sluggish in Counterstrike? MaxPayne? how about games like CivIII? Right now the choice is either this or the Dell Inspirion deal...but I'm really tight on cash.

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
$89 extends the warranty to one year. Probably smart to get the extra warranty.

PeterPan76

Aug 13, 2001
I want to buy a Laptop too.. can't find the right one. But this Fujitsu comes pretty close to what I want. Except for the XGA screen. I want SXGA. But everything else looks sweet.

What is the failure rate of this Laptops?
Any reviews?
Battery Life??

EliteForces

Banned
Jun 19, 2001
i still have my fujitsu p133 and it rocks. I am thinking of upgrading it soon but prices of laptop's drop so quickly i will wait until i find a job.

DaviDaVinci

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
I would SO get this if it wasnt for the 8meg ATI video....gotta be able to play 3d games (Quake and CS)

thewyz

Aug 9, 2000
I placed the order. A few questions:

- I printed out the confirmation page as suggested after the checkout process, but didn't receive a confirmation email. A bit unsettling. Did that happen to anyone else?

- I noticed that other C-6631 notebooks in the outlet with Win Me had a free upgrade to XP offer. Anyone know how to get the same offer for this notebook?

thanks

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
I kind rush and got into this deal. Now I wished I waited for a few hours to get into the dell's deal. BTW, all sale are final with refursbished. I called try to cancel but the order already when through. Anyway, I think choosing 1 years warranty for the screen is good enough. If the hardwares are fine for the first 90 days, then I think it would be fine for the rest of the year. On the other hand, the screen is such a fragile thing.