[fudzilla] AMD preparing new Never Settle bundle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
Yeap, they are killing games developers.

Seriously how about you stop the trolling of AMD threads; we get you don't like them; but you do nothing to add to the subject.....

OT - damn that's awesome; I just literally ordered the 7870 TX/LE - with 5 game bundle *grins*

Deal was too good to pass up - we shall see what the next deal drops and what we get :) as if its damn good just might have to pick up another card :)

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Yes, by giving very large sums of money and assistance in optimization in return for a logo at startup, AMD are really killing them... :confused::confused:

Choking them with money. It's brutal way to go down.

If I had time to play any of these games right now, I'd probably pick up a 7950 "for cheap" immediately. I think it makes them an easy choice against the equivalent nvidia card at the same price point - even if all you do is flip the games.

I had great luck with Batman AC when it was bundled with the Samsung SSDs.

Muyoso

Dec 6, 2005
If Crossfire wasn't a disaster, I absolutely would have picked up a pair of 7950s instead of the 670 I have now. Been waiting for the 670's to price drop to pick up a second one, but it is so ridiculously tempting to pick up a pair of Sapphire 7950's for $540 AND get 4 games, 2 of which I would sell getting at least $60 back. Save myself hundreds of dollars and potentially get better performance when overclocked. . . . . If only crossfire wasn't a mess. . . . . DAMNIT!!

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Yeap, they are killing games developers.

Nice, you're trying to reach a level of trolling previously unheard of, you're certainly taking it to new heights. My favorite was your suggestion that all AMD users should die. Keep it up!

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
There is nothing odd with it. AMD payed for it. That's the reason why they delayed their new generation.

You can't have both. :hmm:

Can you explain what you mean here? The bundles are the reason they delayed the next gen? You can't have both? Source/explanation, please.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
sounds cool. Maybe i will pick up another 7950 for BF4! Nothing wrong with crossfire, though, afaik.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
sounds cool. Maybe i will pick up another 7950 for BF4! Nothing wrong with crossfire, though, afaik.

Same here. Super happy with my 7950 CFX. There's no stuttering in sight with vsync enabled. This whole frametime thing is overblown.

Now for competitive games, that don't like vsync, it could be a problem I guess.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
We'll probably see this bundle, Malta, and new crossfire optimized drivers all at the same time. Then people who have a single AMD GPU now, a lot of them might have come with a game bundle, could crossfire and get in on the newest bundle as well. Sounds like a good strategy, anyhow. :)

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Same here. Super happy with my 7950 CFX. There's no stuttering in sight with vsync enabled. This whole frametime thing is overblown.

Now for competitive games, that don't like vsync, it could be a problem I guess.

I can't speak for the 7xxx series crossfire as I only have one of them, but I had no complaints with the 6950 crossfire aside from when it simply scaled horribly in games like WoT.

Overall the single 7950 has been a bit smoother, mb due to extra VRAM, (+ OC helps) and certainly does better in WoT.