Frys.com = Fry's Electronics??????

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
Well, i called Frys and they gave me a local store listing and everything for Fry's, but i had asked a Fry's employee the other day when in store and he said they weren't related. I'm really angry at Frys.com right now, cause i ordered my new monitor tonight, and after about 4hrs they sent me an email telling me it had been removed. I know they have one at Fry's but they won't allow me to go pick one up there. ARGH!!!

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
Yes, Frys.com = Fry's, but the store won't pricematch the website, and you can't order stuff online to pick up in-store.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Gigantopithecus
Yes, Frys.com = Fry's, but the store won't pricematch the website, and you can't order stuff online to pick up in-store.

Correct.

You cannot order online and select local pickup at Fry's B&M.

I'm waiting for someone to post "but why???? OMG that's so unfair???"

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
Yea, its really pissin me off b/c they have one in the store, but they can't let me pick it up, mainly b/c of the price difference. I mean, w/ shipping added on its only a $30 difference. Cause i'm paying $221 and in-store its $250

Why don't they price-match their own store?? lol

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
frys.com is the new name for outpost.com. they are both owned by fry's, both they aren't really the same operation as the stores.

GoSharks

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 1999
Fry's (the B&M) bought outpost.com (which is now frys.com as of a month ago) a while back, which is why they are not identical in operations.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
yup deals in one don't always translate to the other. frys has been slow to go online..atleast in anything that seems linked to the b&m store

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
yup deals in one don't always translate to the other. frys has been slow to go online..atleast in anything that seems linked to the b&m store

Yup. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Maybe they'll finally sync it up here in another year or two.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm curious... Does frys.com ALSO make it almost impossible to return opened items like the stores themselves? :)

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
I'm curious... Does frys.com ALSO make it almost impossible to return opened items like the stores themselves? :)
they dont "almost" make it impossible they DO make it impossible. The website and the store have nothing in connection except name alone. their systems operate off completely different networks, their return/warrenty systems are run by completely different orgs. Its better to just think of frys.com as outpost.com and has nothign to do with the B&M at all