Frustrated with NewEgg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
NewEgg has been great for years back when they were just a little site but this past weekend has been a nightmare from them.

Cant login to the site its not like I forgot my password either but I try getting a password reset and no e-mail ever arrives. Online support is a complete joke they must be outsourced. They reply with nothing but canned scripts. No thought behind the actual issue. Their only resolution is to call monday-friday but by then the 48 hour sale will be over.

For a great company some manager there seems intent on making a few extra bucks but killing off what made newegg great. Can we say we made them too big for thier britches and now they might be going downhill?

Just need to vent my frustration been trying to order something for 2 days. Need to start ordering more from zipzoomfly or tigerdirect so that newegg gets a wakeup call they are starting to suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
A while back when they changed thier shipping carriers I saw a lot of complaints come out from that. Plus prices from some competitors have been a little better especially when new releases come out like processors. Newegg used to be the leader when it came to prices but now that they can command a good amount of bulk it seems like they remain somewhat competitive in price but not the leader any more.

Wow my backup account let me login and check orders but when I went to order something it lost everything. Upon trying again I now get a prompt for Verified by Visa asking me to verify more information https://www.securesuite.net. What the heck? I cancelled this page and it prompted me that my order is not complete without it. I canceled anyway. I then received an e-mail confirming my order. Looks like NewEgg is making some changes.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Mitch101
A while back when they changed thier shipping carriers I saw a lot of complaints come out from that. Plus prices from some competitors have been a little better especially when new releases come out like processors. Newegg used to be the leader when it came to prices but now that they can command a good amount of bulk it seems like they remain somewhat competitive in price but not the leader any more.

I don't mind paying a little more at Newegg because I *know* that I will get good service if anything does go wrong.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Just got two Samsung F1 Spinpoint 1TB drives from Newegg. No problems and fast delivery.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Wow my backup account let me login and check orders but when I went to order something it lost everything. Upon trying again I now get a prompt for Verified by Visa asking me to verify more information <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://www.securesuite.net">https://www.securesuite.net</a>. What the heck? I cancelled this page and it prompted me that my order is not complete without it. I canceled anyway. I then received an e-mail confirming my order. Looks like NewEgg is making some changes.

Verified by Visa is nothing new. Many websites are doing that, and have been for years. And NewEgg might have confirmed that your order has been received, but until it's gone through their billing and credit verification department, it's not really ready to be processed.

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
I think thats what they are relying upon but they used to be best in price, shipping, and service. While they still do a good job shipping has declined especially if you ever had one of thier items ship through DHL/Postal service which has taken 10+ days and most recently for me at least the service has declined.

Has to be some manager looking to cut corners but they will sacrifice customers in the process.

Sasiki

Oct 18, 2004
About 6 months ago, I ordered some computer parts for a friend. The video card was supposed to come with Call of Duty 5. Well, I didn't get the game. After 5 minutes of chat support, I had a tracking number for the game. I got it 2 days later.

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
Wow my backup account let me login and check orders but when I went to order something it lost everything. Upon trying again I now get a prompt for Verified by Visa asking me to verify more information <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://www.securesuite.net"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://www.securesuite.net">https://www.securesuite.net</a></a>. What the heck? I cancelled this page and it prompted me that my order is not complete without it. I canceled anyway. I then received an e-mail confirming my order. Looks like NewEgg is making some changes.

Verified by Visa is nothing new. Many websites are doing that, and have been for years. And NewEgg might have confirmed that your order has been received, but until it's gone through their billing and credit verification department, it's not really ready to be processed.

I'm all for it but I dont believe they need the last digits of my social security especially when I am not expecting to be prompted for verified by visa. Im sure its all in good faith they want to cut back on fraud but their website should tell you its going to do that before redirecting you to another page your not expecting to go to.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I'm all for it but I dont believe they need the last digits of my social security especially when I am not expecting to be prompted for verified by visa. Im sure its all in good faith they want to cut back on fraud but their website should tell you its going to do that before redirecting you to another page your not expecting to go to.

Every time I've checked out at NewEgg, there's been a statement somewhere that says that you may be redirected to Verified by Visa. NewEgg never gets the last 4 of your SSN, your credit card processor does, to verify your identity.

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: XXXXXXXX) has been successfully charged to your VISA and order verification is now complete.

I canceled out of the Verified by Visa Screen and it was approved. What gives newegg?

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: XXXXXXXX) has been successfully charged to your VISA and order verification is now complete.

I canceled out of the Verified by Visa Screen and it was approved. What gives newegg?

Perhaps your credit card company permits you to opt out of VbV if you've not previously used it?

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
Originally posted by: GeekDrew

Every time I've checked out at NewEgg, there's been a statement somewhere that says that you may be redirected to Verified by Visa. NewEgg never gets the last 4 of your SSN, your credit card processor does, to verify your identity.

Ok so you have seen it which is a relief. I place a lot of orders Im not sure why I never got it until today. Still a bit confused that I was able to complete my order canceling out of the verified by visa screen.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
Now that tech support is available via phone. They still don't know what is wrong with my account and will e-mail me when a higher tech is able to look into the issue.

Thou shalt not blaspheme upon the Newegg. You have done some evil act to incur the Newegg's wrath upon thee. Repent or face banishment to zipzoomfly and tigerdirect.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Sasiki
About 6 months ago, I ordered some computer parts for a friend. The video card was supposed to come with Call of Duty 5. Well, I didn't get the game. After 5 minutes of chat support, I had a tracking number for the game. I got it 2 days later.

Yes, their customer support is top notch. I've even had a customer service rep call a manufacturer about a denied rebate (just wanted Newegg to know how their vendors were treating theirs customers, so I emailed and complained...I did not ask them to do anything though) and I had my check within a couple of weeks after it was denied originally (I scan everything, and I'd have taken them to small claims court just out of spite).

They aren't always the absolute cheapest, but they're still very price competitive the good majority of the time. The overall package you get when buying for Newegg.com is IMO one of the best out there though.

I think my perfect Online store would be one with Newegg's interface and computer parts selection, Amazon.com's Prime shipping and selection for everything else under the sun, and Monoprice.com's pricing and quality for commodity cables.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
BUY FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ - shut yer yap about it already.

You are in the extreme moniority with your complaints. Get over it, or move on.

May 13, 2009
Have fun ordering off tiger direct or some other piece of crap site. I love newegg and recommend it to anyone that needs computer stuff. I have bought thousands from them and shipping is always fast and I have never recieved one bad part. I saw a mobo on their site one day and the next day it was 25 more. Supply and demand I suppose. Called up their support and told them the problem and I was given a $25 credit towards next purchase. Of course as mentioned above I've spent thousands there and I probably get treated a little better than most when they look up my account. Let me see one of the alternatives do that. I think not.:D

alevasseur14

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2005
I've never had a problem with NewEgg's support. I ordered 4 hard drives along with a RAID card and mobo for my file server about a year ago and when I got the order, the drives were on the packing slip but not in the box. Called NewEgg up and in 10 minutes I had a tracking number for an overnight shipment. Got the drives the next day.

I used to shop with zipzoomfly and just for giggles I checked prices on another 4870 for Crossfire and not only was it out of stock, but they wanted 80 dollars more for the card. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.