Frustrated and possibly giving up. (TI 4400)

FluxCap

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2002
Well I have been waiting for a new video card for a long time and finally got one but the constant reboots are too much. I planned on using my new MSI with my old system to play Battlefield 1942 for the next few months. I didn't want to do fresh software installs and buy new motherboards and PSUs. So if anyone out there is planning on getting a next gen card make sure to do more research than I did because you may be spending a lot more money than you thought to get your card to work properly. I may just sell it back on ebay for cheap so if anyone is interested in a good deal let me know.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Your setup should run the card OK. What is your psu ? The g4's are very picky about the voltage.

FluxCap

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2002
Antec 300w PSU.

I guess the root of my frustration is that I am a software/hardware analyst from 8 to 5 and I wasn't planning on bringing home any real "work" for my home PC. I was hoping for a trouble free experience but that is not happening.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Well, I did a GooGle search for 'ASUS K7M Nvidia" and "ASUS K7M geforce" and there were several hits, including some unofficial home pages for the board. I don't have time to look into to much there is a lot of info there.

Do you have the latest bios ? Asus has a nice page for the board with a lot of info as well. Your answer is there somewhere.

BTW: We all hope what you were hoping only to have that hope dashed upon the rocks.
:D

FluxCap

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2002
I think this is what has kept me from keeping up to date the last 2 years. Things used to be simpler for me. As sad as it sounds my Voodoo 5 was never a problem and I really liked it but now it just won't cut it ;)

Updating the bios is the last thing I have not tried, short of reinstalling the OS. For some reason I am nervous about doing it and I don't like the instructions Asus gives.

Moishe

Feb 27, 2002
I know what you mean about the Voodoo 5. I'm still running mine. i've had ZERO problems with it... despite people bashing it, it's been very easy to live with. You should just flash the bios and be done with it. Better to try and fail....
blah. good luck. If you decide to get rid of the card for cheap, let me know, I might want it... ismith@firmlogic.net

Mo

spp

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
constant reboot?? sounds like a power problem to me...... gf4 sucks a lot of power i tell you..

FluxCap

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2002
It seems that way. I just wasn't ready to go buy an $80 PSU just to use my new card.