Friends (coworkers) scammed by "prostitutes" in Las Vegas

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Originally posted by: kranky
That's what's known as the "home field advantage."

Your friends were out of their league. They couldn't call the cops, they had no place to turn because they are away from home, they had no idea what might happen if they demanded their money back.
Why not? I thought prostitution was legal in Las Vegas. Call the cops and tell them these ho's tried to scam you.:D

Not withing city limits, IIRC.

Nov 28, 2003
you should find out the hotel and post it's name. the girls were helped by hotel staff, so expose them for scamming guests.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Should have brought the fake badges with them. Could have gotten a freebie out of it.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Your friends were out of their league. They couldn't call the cops, they had no place to turn because they are away from home, they had no idea what might happen if they demanded their money back.
Why not? I thought prostitution was legal in Las Vegas. Call the cops and tell them these ho's tried to scam you.:D

As others have said, it is not legal in Clark County (Vegas Area).

Head Northwest up US95 to Parhump. 1 hr across the mountain range - legal there.

Mayor Goodman spouted off this summer some nonsense stating that how is was so available, why not legalize it.

Driving up US93 or 95 every hour or so, you will see indicators for a "ranch".

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
wait wait they paid first??

lol

really i have no clue how it works... but i thought hookers get paid after the umm services.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
why do you pay them before they perform the service ?

Make arrangements on payment. Get service. Pay.

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

As others have said, it is not legal in Clark County (Vegas Area).

Head Northwest up US95 to Parhump. 1 hr across the mountain range - legal there.

Mayor Goodman spouted off this summer some nonsense stating that how is was so available, why not legalize it.

Driving up US93 or 95 every hour or so, you will see indicators for a "ranch".
While I appreciate being corrected for the fifth time, I would advise you to look at the date of the original posts.