Fried my GTX260

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
I just got my card and was looking online...I THOUGHT...I got the card for $206. I got the combo deal with Shogun 2 (which I'm going to ebay)...but when I looked at the invoice...the card was $189, with shogun 2 AND Dirt3...AND the $30 rebate...I'm a little surprised...I thought it was a good deal at $180 total...but now I'm looking at...

$189 +Tax = $203
Less rebate = $173
Less ebay of shogun $153

and if I get Dirt 3 and can sell that on ebay too...I'm looking at $130-$140 for a pretty good card...

I'm ecstatic! I will have no issues with doing a short term upgrade to the next Gen AMD when it come out next year...so my upgrade cycle get shortened as well.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

Yeah, sweet deal. Sounds like you got the 6870. Let us know how it works (you'll be a bit bottlenecked on the e8400, but you'll probably see a small improvement versus the GTX260). And don't forget to update your sig once it's up and running.

Cr0nJ0b

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2004
meettomy.site
Well I called Newegg and bitched a little that I didn't get Dirt3...and they are sending me a copy....so that will go on ebay as well. that's probably another $10 so total price will be like $143.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well I called Newegg and bitched a little that I didn't get Dirt3...and they are sending me a copy....so that will go on ebay as well. that's probably another $10 so total price will be like $143.
sounds about right for dirt 3. they were giving away keys for voting and i think they still are. I got a few of them still.