Friday Desktop, Workspace and Wallpaper Thread - July 11, 2003

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crimzon

Nov 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Cerb
Yes, and you're late, I've already had a request to upload just the wallpaper.
On top of that, I just have it there until I find one I want to keep, as I just can't take the M$ blue :).

Ha, that was me. She's not the most gorgeous girl I've seen, but still have a slight "crush" on her.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: dman
I know he's in the bottom right, but, generally he's in all the 'scenes' so I assume multiple screenshots were taken and stitched together and he was 'clone-brushed' out in all but the last one. Or perhaps another method was used...

I don't know how it was done, but get pretty much any emulator, and just start taking screenshots....the background does move. I imagine it would be a 15 minute or so process (including playing SMB), and that's counting in that I'm a perfectionist.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Cerb
Update: I'm on a caffiene rush and decided to finish the theme up. All that's left now is to finish the entries in my custom menu and neaten up the files.
tasks dropdown
winamp controls and command line (the title area is the command line as well), CPU stuff, and systray
My common programs menu(s)
Normal LS "start menu"

BTW, that is Farnham at the bottom of all menus.

Nice theme. Does it work with LSTS and will you be uploading it somewhere? :)
It didn't work with LSTS, but that was me being an idiot.

It works fine now, and after I fill out my menus and make sure it's OTS compliant, I'll likely upload it to litestep.net.
The OTS thing is a bit new, as the last time I uploaded a theme anywhere I was using NT4. Until now I've been happy butchering things, and as long as they worked, I didn't mind, but this time I want to do it right.