Fresno Police shooting and killing unarmed Dylan Noble

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AHamick

Nov 3, 2008
So you want the cops to put themselves at higher risk for the sake of the person placing them at higher risk to begin with?

gradoman

Mar 19, 2007
So you want the cops to put themselves at higher risk for the sake of the person placing them at higher risk to begin with?

You see them put themselves in any risk in this scenario? How big of a risk is he on the ground after being shot? These cops seemed like they were so bloodthirsty with guns pointing at the truck while driving. What is all of that?

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
neA5QaR.jpg

Local news guy posted that on his FB. Noble was drunk and high on cocaine.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
"We live in a world where trained cops can panic but"

Well, you know the rest.

I dont like it. I do not like the current system.

Cozarkian

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012
I just watched the body cam video, and these cops need to lose their badges.

Gun already in the driver's hand while driving was unnecessary and dangerous. Both of the victims hands were visible at points prior to the shooting and he did not have a weapon at that time. While the victim could have had a gun in his waistband at the small of his back, he was moving very slowly when approaching the cop and holding his back arm very still. There is no way he could have pulled a gun and shot the cops before being mowed down.

Finally, there were two cops. One of them could have moved to off-screen to the left to obtain a view of the victim's hand behind the back without either endangering the other cop or any innocent bystanders. After confirming the victim had no gun, one of the cops could have swapped the gun for a taser or billy club and arrested him without the use of lethal force.

Understood, but could you answer these questions then:

1. At what point is the police off sir allowed to shoot him? Does the officer have to physically wait for the subject to shoot his gun?

2. I'm confused about your bigoted statement. Are you saying I am bigoted or that the cops were? And if so, how?

1. The officer needs to wait until there is an actual danger. Here, they could have easily shot the victim at any point he made a sudden movement with the hidden hand or a sudden charge.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The old law enforcement mantra of to assist protect and serve has been replaced with shoot, kill and lie.