"Free" u-pickem game demo CD (+4.95 SH) --- nice if you have slow connection.

Souka

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
*Please don't post negative gripes n' such...they're pretty pointless*

I honestly don't know why I'm even posting this, but there are folk like my parents that still have a 24K modem connection because of their location....believe me, I've tried helping them.

Basically, you pick what game demos you want on the CD (from happypuppy.com), give them $4.95, and they'll send you a CD in the mail. Each additional CD is $3.95.

Here is the link.... "Free" CD llink

They are definetly not making money on this....to custom make a CD requires someone to process the order by hand, equipment, and packaging....at $4.95 its a fair deal.

I hope someone here might like it.... :)

IronTek

Jan 23, 2000
Relax...no gripes here!

With the size game demos are these days, this is a great service for those poor souls still on a slow connection.

jAcKeL

Aug 29, 2000
actually tnx for posting the site... i'm getting pretty fast dl speeds to the site, faster than most :)

Souka

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
Hey Thanks,

I actually got a game demo CD in the mail....I must have requested it sometime ago.

Anyway, on it was a link for "build your own CD"....so I checked it out....and hence, this thread. :)

I would be curios how many requests this service gets, the hardware they use, and how they handle it.