Free: special forces game cd

Snipersheep

Aug 22, 2001
An Army representative will call you soon to answer any questions you may have. There's no cost and no obligation.

Expect LOTS of calls from Army. They're far short of their recruitment goal this year.

mscdex0

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2003
Originally posted by: geekender
why not just get it from america's army website

Some people are still using.....gasp......dial up.

Go to the library or somewhere that has free public internet, or just use someone's wireless connection :p

aj58

May 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Snipersheep
An Army representative will call you soon to answer any questions you may have. There's no cost and no obligation.

Expect LOTS of calls from Army. They're far short of their recruitment goal this year.

Free Game CD in Exchange for LOTS of calls from Army = "Sir, No Thank You Sir!"

krazydimund

May 6, 2004

Indeed. Not to thread crap or anything, but joining the army (in my book at least) is right below castration by a pack of rabid squirrels. And some recruiters can be pretty sleazy: link

NiKeFiDO

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004

yeah, ive said no about...8 times...yeah...not even kidding. last time i just hung up on them. (im scared now)

im 6mo short of 21 and still get calls...

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I told them no when I was graduating highschool, and they called again when I was gone and my mom gave the guy the biggest lecture in the world :D too bad i wasn't there to listen to it. After that I never heard from them again.

My friend is a different story. He went in for fun to talk and wasn't seroius, he was thinking MAYBE to go to the army if it can get him money (although his dad is a very rich republican) and after three hours they nearly got him to sign in. The way they did it was interesting, and almos tlike crazy brain washing (don't wanna go into it i'm too lazy to type)...at the last second though something had him saying he should speak to his parents before signing it, and thank god. His mom heckled them for trying to actually get him to sign it and how he is in college with me...both of us engineering majors.

Moral of story: If you really want it, download it on a 56k for 2-3 straight days, or oever the course of a week rather than being bombarded by phone calls

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I like how someone said CD. The game is too big these days to fit on one, it's a DVD, in case anyone cares.

anandtechrocks

Dec 7, 2004
Have a little faith boys...

Quote: TMO at E3 - TMO Interviews America's Army Director:

It's an effective high tech computing tool because our players are anonymous and we never connect up their real name, whether or not they come in the Army or don't come in the Army. We don't know because we respect the right to privacy and we don't know how many of our players wound up within the Army.

We were very aware of this issue in the early days. It would have been death to the game and the acceptance of the game by America if any spam or anything that came out of the relationship that the player had with America's Army was controversial. We are outside of recruiting. I work for the Pentagon directly, I don't work for the recruitment center, which is in Fort Knox. So that's the firewall, the barrier between us and recruiting command ensures our player base that they won't be spammed or cold-called and all that.