FREE SPAMkiller----AR

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Parago/RebatesHQ/Miami,FL will not pay out the rebate for the Spamkiller deal at Staples from January.

jrichrds

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lanyap
Parago/RebatesHQ/Miami,FL will not pay out the rebate for the Spamkiller deal at Staples from January.

Confirmed. Still waiting as well.

karl

Nov 6, 1999
I've been using SpamKiller 2 and like it, so I got the 4.0 from Best Buy. Noticable new features are the preview pane understands html email (instead of just showing binary code) and the buttons are colorful. I think it's worth $25 if someone doesn't have it. If we actually get the rebate then it will definitely be a hot deal.

Doh!

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Why go through all this hassle when there're free spamkillers that are much better than this McAfee junk (yes, I've tried it). Popfile and spampal are very good at blocking spams and much more configurable than McAfee's.

JoshFink

Dec 21, 1999
Actually, I think Spamkiller is one of, if not THE best, that I've used. It catches 99.9% of all my spam and if one does slip through I add it to the filter list and it never comes back again. Takes a little while to "learn" what you like and in the beginning it used to catch some I didn't want it to. Easy enough fix. I checked it every day for the first month I had it and now I check it once a week.

Only thing I hate is that it connects to McAfee every so often to check for updates in general and not just for the Spam List updates and it's kind of a pain.

Other than that I would pay full price again for it anyday.

Josh

Walliser

Oct 24, 2001
I use cloudmark, like it except it occasionally filters an email that *I* do not consider spam. But I guess that is the drawback of using this kind of system. The one thing I do not like about cloudmark is that ther is one particular spammer which it will for some reason simply not filter, and yes, I submit it every time.

For the price, I might even check out SpamKiller. But it's said that I have to spend money/gp thru all this in order to get rid of something I did not ask for in the first place.

There is an interesting article on DSLreports.com regarding IBM working on some way to track spammers and make them pay for every email.

Anyway, back to the topic: thanks for the info about SpamKiller.

JuryDuty

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: jrichrds
I hear MailWasher is one of the best, free e-mail SPAM filters around:
http://www.mailwasher.net/

I used Mailwasher in beta and use the pro version now and it's AMAZING. Great program. Works with services like Hotmail too!