Free Raspberry Pi Type Board From MS!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dodger2020

Mar 6, 2009
If any of you get yours and decide you don't like it or don't have time, I'd easily pay for shipping to get a chance with it. I didn't get one either, and am a developer. I just have zero interest in paying $100 or so for something I am only going to goof around with.

$50 through amazon

canestim

Sep 12, 2014
Aww shucks, forgot about this. I signed up and received the we will let you know when it ships email. Oh well. Had something I wanted to try though. Guess I'll try another device.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
Yeah, why on earth would I want this when I could get a proven, well understood, huge community Pi pretty much anywhere including Microcenter for $30-$35?

Also lost nothing but a few minutes of time, so can't complain. Still feels like a completely flubbed effort.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
i wonder how many they actually had - 500? 1000?

enjoy selling your legit contact info, MS

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Yeah, why on earth would I want this when I could get a proven, well understood, huge community Pi pretty much anywhere including Microcenter for $30-$35?

Also lost nothing but a few minutes of time, so can't complain. Still feels like a completely flubbed effort.

Because some people are a lot more comfortable, familiar and experienced in developing for Windows environments and APIs than they are for *nix? Or they want to do something different maybe?