Free patriotic coin for US Armed Forces!!

propellerhead

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2001
Got the following in email.

USAA would like to offer you a free patriotic coin for your commitment to
our nation. You do not need to be a member of USAA to receive this free
gift.

Call 1-888-558-8825 and give the promotional code ASCN to the
representative when you call.

The front shows an eagle with wings and talons spread with an a flag in
the background. The words "Proud Member" "United States Armed Forces"
are printed around the outside circle.

The back shows a 5 point star with identifying each of the services:
Army,Marines, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard between the stars legs.
The words "United We Stand" "Defenders of Freedom" printed around the
outside circle.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
I like the commemorative coin with the mushroom cloud rising over Baghdad a lot better.

Krye

Aug 26, 2001
Hey, ummm, can you post the header of that email to confirm it? I would think that something like this would be posted in the front page or at least in the news section of USAA's website and it's not. I can't even find it ANYWHERE on their website for that matter (and yes, I am a member).

I'm not accusing you of anything, but I just don't want to call a random phone # and give out my personal details, yaknow?

xardion

May 20, 2002
i just called up...it is supposed to be for "new" members, but i have had usaa for just over 1 yr and the lady on the phone was nice enough to still send me one...4 to 6 weeks

Oaf357

Sep 2, 2001
This deal is for real. I'm a USAA member and am pissed I don't get something cool.

BeerGod

Banned
May 14, 2002
Active duty, National Guard and Reserve enlisted personnel, officers and officer candidates, and their families are eligible for membership in the USAA family of companies.

propellerhead

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2001
I've been with USAA for almost two years. I called and said I heard about this promo... blah blah blah. The lady asked for my USAA membership number, which I didn't have with me. She looked it up using my SSAN, then said thank you and that I will receive the coin in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks.