Free Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Sales Kit for MS Partners.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: moktaw
Attended a TS2 seminar today as legitimate MS partner. We were told that the MS partner site is down as of today and will be down for a complete overhaul over the next seven days.

We were also told that all partners will need to re-do and enter new profiles because of the sheer numbers of partners involved. It's too expensive for MS to do it all. Maybe its MS's way to weed out "fake" partners. Don't know. However, if you are a legitimate partner, its a great deal as is the Action Pack.

I also ordered the kit but can wait if it takes longer than the 10 days promised. They have always come through with these in the past.

Doesn't look down to me....

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
We are legitimate partners with MS and have been such for a few years. We responded to the email invitation the day it arrived.....and we received an email yesterday stating the kit had shipped. This is as good as the Action Pack subscription, esp. for the licenses for Win XP and Office.

And they didn't make us:

We were also told that all partners will need to re-do and enter new profiles because of the sheer numbers of partners involved. It's too expensive for MS to do it all. Maybe its MS's way to weed out "fake" partners.

Guess that may just be some more smoke and mirrors they keep using to keep the wannabes out of trying to defraud the system......or maybe they're just making the "NEW" partners who suddenly appeared out of the woodwork in the last month reapply and letting those who actually received the email go through without a problem as we did.

cpars

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2000
I should have responded to my invitation sooner !

I checked on this last week and again this morning and here is what I get.

ATTENTION MICROSOFT PARTNERS: The response to this promotion has been extremely strong, and we are unable to accommodate any additional orders for sales kits. Please utilize the on-line resources posted for this campaign to support your Office Small Business Edition 2003 and/or Office Professional Edition 2003 marketing and sales efforts with your clients.
Offer good only for Microsoft Partners, including Technology Providers defined as software resellers, technology consultants, system integrators, developers, system builders and/or service/solution providers that sell or distribute Microsoft products or provide solutions based on Microsoft products; and have been in business in one of the aforementioned roles for at least one month. Limit one sales kit per partner. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of your sales kit. Not-for-resale copy of Office Small Business Edition 2003 is to be used for your internal evaluation purposes only and is not to be redistributed.

Glenn

Oct 10, 1999
Just got this email. I ordered the kit on 3/31.
Thank you for your order. (order # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
The following items shipped on Thursday, April 15, 2004 via US Postal
Service - 1st class:

1 Preassembled box of collateral for Partner Mailings

Please expect delivery within 5 business days to the following address:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxxx

If you have any questions regarding your order,
please do not hesitate to contact us by email at trial@microsoft.com
or by simply replying to this message. Please remember to include your
order number (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) when contacting us.

Yours,
Microsoft Evaluation & Resource Center
Fulfillment Team

The order number matchs the order number from this promo! I'll post with the contents as soon as it arrives!

clia

May 7, 2003
Originally posted by: C'DaleRider
We are legitimate partners with MS and have been such for a few years. We responded to the email invitation the day it arrived.....and we received an email yesterday stating the kit had shipped. This is as good as the Action Pack subscription, esp. for the licenses for Win XP and Office.

And they didn't make us:

We were also told that all partners will need to re-do and enter new profiles because of the sheer numbers of partners involved. It's too expensive for MS to do it all. Maybe its MS's way to weed out "fake" partners.

Guess that may just be some more smoke and mirrors they keep using to keep the wannabes out of trying to defraud the system......or maybe they're just making the "NEW" partners who suddenly appeared out of the woodwork in the last month reapply and letting those who actually received the email go through without a problem as we did.

Would you mind to let us know which day actually you ordered you kit? I received email acknowledgement but not "order shipped" one yet. Thx.

clia

May 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Glenn
Edited to show 3/31 order date

thx.

that is the same day i placed my order.

[edit] i sent an email to check my order status. hope i can hear from them soon

Glenn

Oct 10, 1999
Just received the package and it contains (Not For Resale) Retail version of 03 SBE, 10 rebate coupons that can be used for SBE$75 or Pro$100, Copy of First Look (MSPress book for SBE) and the marketing materials. Nice package and the price is really really sweet!! These coupons will come in very handy!

Glenn

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com
I got a confirm:

Thank you for your order. (order # xxxxxxxxx)
The following items shipped on Thursday, April 15, 2004 via US Postal
Service - 1st class:

Please expect delivery within 5 business days to the following address:

xxxx
xxx
xx
xx
xx

order number (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) when contacting us.

Yours,
Fulfillment Team

DJMiX

Golden Member
May 31, 2001
I just got mine today, If any one is interested in mine. PM some trade for it.
Can't sell it since it's NOT FOR RESALE. Will include the retail box and the book.
PICS AVAILBLE it requested. Opened but never installed.

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
We received our copy yesterday. Interestingly, it was a full retail boxed copy with NO NFR stickers, printing, or anything of that sort anywhere on the box. Nice deal for us partners.

foolish501

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
gone very quiet on this, it seems only the people who ordered these before april 1st have got their packages so far. I ordered on april 1st and still haven't received it

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I emailed them last week asking for a status update (been about 14 business days since my confirmation). Haven't heard anything back yet.....

IBuyUFO

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I clicked on the link but I don't see any way to order office 2003 and i'm a microsoft partner. Is this offer over now?

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I got a response to my order inquiry. I ordered on 4/5/2003...

Hello Codey Fujita,

Thank you for contacting us. This item is temporarily out of stock due
to its popularity. Your order will ship when inventory becomes
available. You will receive a shipping confirmation e-mail when your
item has shipped. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for
your patience.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
Microsoft Secure & Dependable Order Administration

SO, we'll see when it shows up :(

moktaw

Nov 13, 2001
Ordered mine on March 31. Have not received anything and haven't had any communication from MS. Have had several of these in the past and MS has always come through. Sent email yesterday - still awaiting a response. I guess I was an unlucky one as far as ordering on 3/31. Let's see what happens.

Ludacris

Oct 4, 2001
You will get it. Just be patient. This is why I signed up as soon as MS sent me the e-mail and I didn't publish the deal on this forum. MS ended up getting hammered by non-partners and other people trying to get in on the deal and now they are weeding through the request to see who's legit and who isn't. They are also redoing the system for the future.

terminalmind

Feb 7, 2002
I ordered on 03/31 and I just received a shipping notification last night.

Thank you for your order. (order # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
The following items shipped on Monday, April 26, 2004 via Airborne Express
Ground Dlvry:

Please expect delivery within 10 business days to the following address:

order number (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) when contacting us.

Yours,
Fulfillment Team