Free games for the week thread

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 27, 2020
if only Sweeney spent enough money on non-3D essential stuff. Claimed the game but it doesn't say OWNED on the game page and didn't get confirmation e-mail yet.

EDIT: Shows in my purchase history. Phew!

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
if only Sweeney spent enough money on non-3D essential stuff. Claimed the game but it doesn't say OWNED on the game page and didn't get confirmation e-mail yet.

EDIT: Shows in my purchase history. Phew!
At 3:53PM EST I didn't have an issue adding the game to my library with their launcher.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Apparently they weren't supposed to give out the Director's Cut, it's supposed to be only the base version of the game, which is what shows up on the Epic Game Store's free games now. I claimed it the first 5-10 minutes the promotion was active though so guess I snuck in in time to get the full Director's Cut edition. Claimed the base version too just in case they remove the Director's Cut from my library.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Today's game was indeed FIST Forged in Shadow Torch. Looks like tomorrow's game will be Severed Steel. Looks like a pretty interesting FPS.
Mortal Shell is rumored to be the giveraway for the 28th.

The Amazon giveaways should start tomorrow.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
What are the Amazon giveaways?

Amazon is also giving away more games from Dec. 27 - Jan. 3rd. A list of those Prime gaming games is below. Stay tuned.

Dishonored 2
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
Real Bout Fatal Fury
The King of Fighters 2003
The Last Blade
The Last Blade 2
Twinkle Star Sprites
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveGrabowski

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Amazon giveaway is live. Other than Dishonored 2 from GOG, it seems the amazon ones are borked in that if you claim it, then come back to it it still shows the button but button won't work, but if you click on the picture it says you have it in your library and show you a download button.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Amazon giveaway is live. Other than Dishonored 2 from GOG, it seems the amazon ones are borked in that if you claim it, then come back to it it still shows the button but button won't work, but if you click on the picture it says you have it in your library and show you a download button.
I'm having the same issue. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

Edit:

Worms Revolution Gold Edition is free for the next 64 hours from GOG. Scroll down a tad at the link below until you see the giveaway banner.

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Looks like the final giveaway on Epic Game Store is either the Dishonored Complete Collection or Dishonored 2. From the wrapping paper you can see it's a Dishonored 2 logo.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
If you grab Mortal Shell from Epic today the "Mortal Shell: Rotting Christ Pack" add-on is also free.

Looks like the final giveaway on Epic Game Store is either the Dishonored Complete Collection or Dishonored 2. From the wrapping paper you can see it's a Dishonored 2 logo.
Rumor says it's going to be Dishonored®: Death of the Outsider™ which is better since Prime gaming just gave away Dishonored 2.

P.S. Thank you for posting these daily Epic giveaways. :)

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
If you grab Mortal Shell from Epic today the "Mortal Shell: Rotting Christ Pack" add-on is also free.

Rumor says it's going to be Dishonored®: Death of the Outsider™ which is better since Prime gaming just gave away Dishonored 2.

P.S. Thank you for posting these daily Epic giveaways. :)

LOL we were both wrong, it was Dishonered Definitive Edition.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Along with Dishonored - Definitive Edition they are also giving away Eximius: Seize the Frontline. Both are free now - Jan 05 at 11:00 AM.

* Coming Soon: Kerbal Space Program and Shadow Tactics - Aiko's Choice will be free Jan 05 - Jan 12

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i got lucky with death standing and also got the directors cut.. lucky for me it was prior to the great crash igor posted.

Also seems like the amazon is give away is a neogeo classics bundle.
I remember playing them at the arcade when those used to exist besides family fun centers like dave and busters.

Reactions: NTMBK

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Daymare: 1998 is free for the next 69 hours from GOG. Scroll down a tad at the link below until you see the giveaway banner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prime gaming is also giving away the Nintendo Switch game "Mom Hid My Game!" so grab it if you have a Switch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Starting today, if you're a Game Pass member you can now link your Riot Account with your Xbox profile! With the Xbox Game Pass membership you’ll unlock access to the following games, receive member-only benefits and premium rewards across select titles and limited time only in-game rewards starting December 12th at 1pm PST. And for a limited time only (until January 1, 2023), get in-game rewards by linking now."

League of Legends (PC)

League of Legends: Wild Rift (Mobile)

Legends of Runeterra (PC & Mobile)

Teamfight Tactics (PC & Mobile)

VALORANT (PC)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Prime also updated the freebie ingame items for popular games, make sure you check them out as your grabbing the neogeo bundle.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Prime Gaming January 2023 games are live. There may be another one I missed. Also be sure to grab the rest if you have not.
  1. The Evil Within 2 [amazon.com] Free (redeems on GOG)
  2. Lawn Mowing Simulator Free
  3. Beat Cop [amazon.com] Free (redeems on GOG)
  4. Chicken Police - Paint it RED! Free
  5. Faraway 2: Jungle Escape Free