Free game...

heat901

Dec 17, 2009
So I bought some games from Gogamer the other week when they had that 48 hour maddness thing going on... they send me two copies of maelstrom... I was going to sell the one but a quick look on half.com its not even worth a dollar.... So has anyone played this? Should I even bother opening the box? I get the feeling I should just throw it out and not both with it...

Last edited:

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
Video games do not qualify for media mail.

From the USPS web site:

Media Mail

Send your printed or recorded material using this service.

Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
but has anyone played this game?

Yes, standard generic RTS game.

good: 3 different factions that are not just carbon copies.

4 campaigns

Not to bad of graphics

Bad: poor pathfinding (no... I mean really bad)

Hero units can die instantly to "random" events which just means a reload.
No real strategy, just mass um up and kill.

Horrible voice acting (and i mean horrible in the relam of video games)
strange control for come actions.. healing, you cant clickon the unit in the portrat, you have to click on the ACTUAL unit.. which is alwasy in a bunch of many other units.

With all that said, im a RTS person and while itws one of the worst, its worht a play as I just play um all. I got it for $.99 on gamespot (they give it away alot too with other orders)

I wouldnt recomend unless you are "finished" with all the good games and you just need something to play.