FREE Coffee Maker

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dalfollo

Jan 10, 2001
so i see the post on Grevalia and decide to read as I ordered recently their SS CM and a pound of coffee, i expected it in a couples weeks....about 2/3 of the way through the thread there was a knock at the door at 9:30pm and lo and behold it was delivery of the SS CM that I ordered just a few days ago....

We ordered only to replace a Gevalia we got ~8 years ago....this one looks great and is a larger maker...the water sprayer actually has several holes to spread the hot water over the coffee instead of just a simple drip....i ran two pots of water through and it went well.... i have it programed for 6:30am tomorrow to test the programmer...never had automatic coffee in the morning...should be nice...

now off to the website to cancel the next shipment...will let you know how it goes...

GoatHerderEd

Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: unclebabar
Originally posted by: GoatHerderEd
The silver finish is plastic, not steal. Just an FYI. Cancel after you get the coffee maker.

I got mine yesterday. The silver finish is stainless steel. It was advertised as a stainless steel coffee maker, just the facade is stainless steel, the rest is mostly plastic. Not surprisingly the pot is made of glass.

I stand corrected. I guess it just feels so cheap i thought it was just plastic. I just tried to put a magnet on it and it did stick. Maybe its covered in a plastic covering or something.

But the coffee, if you can get fresh roasted coffee localy, it is much better than the gevalia. have fun with your new coffee maker!

Gilorillaman

Feb 19, 2006
This is Gevalia which in the coffee world is the same as Columbia House. When I did this years ago it was a nightmare because I had coffee showing up every minute and the coffee maker was super low quality.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I always questioned the promotion. They've been giving away coffee makers for years...while it's a great marketing campaign, it goes to show that their coffee probably is just as good as anyone else's.

I agree with the statement about local coffee shops. If you can find someone locally that roasts the beans, you'll get a superior brew. Especially if the roaster knows what they're doing and brews 100% arabica from South America or Hawaii.

kimagurealex

Oct 9, 1999
My brother had this coffee maker. We tried to use "room temp" water to make coffee, but the coffee maker just can't heat up the water/coffee at all. Finally, we have to use hot water with this coffee maker. I just think it is very inconvenience. And it has a very fragile glass pot as well.

Alex

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
How do you cancel your account through the website? I only see the option to suspend it for 25 weeks.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
Thaaaaats no fun. I'll just say I'm not a very discerning coffee taster and I don't think its worth the investment.

Edit: is it possible to cancel via email?

harpy82

Nov 21, 2001
mine heats the water up well too.... i think the coffee maker is very well build and worth it all...

most glass pot has this kind of build.... becoz it has to be thin enough to prevent it from cracking

Vigil522

Oct 2, 2002
I got in on this same deal a month or so ago. Coffee maker is actually pretty good - no problems or complaints here. Coffee is okay, but for $10 for 1 lb. of coffee and a maker, you can't beat it! Just remember to cancel so you don't keep getting coffee (unless you like it).

shelaby

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
edit:

nvm, i guess they are doing 2 offers now, one with just the machine, and another with the machine, a mug, and a spoon or something

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
got mine it looks pretty cool, but.... requires special filters and after 2 time use it doesnt work

Matt L

Oct 10, 1999
What's special about #4 cone filters? They are pretty much standard now. I used my pot once, it was OK. I got it as a backup, my trusty Cuisinart died and I was waiting for them to replace it. What are the odds - they both arrived withing a day of each other.