Free CD burning Software. Plus a cool website.

ironk

Jun 18, 2001
Its called "CD-Extreme" and looks like Sony is giving it away.

Look for "CD-Extreme" Here.

Just follow the directions. I think you install it first, then the update, then the PXengine.

Also, that site has some other freebies you all might want to check out. So Explore it!!

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
I don't know about the burner software but there are some other great freeware programs there. Thanks.

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
yeah, it's pretty good.
I used it for a while, but now I'm leaning more towards Nero since you can burn so many type of things in one program.
It's functional, and I used it for maybe 6 months..it was good to me:)

dude8604

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2001
I used it for a while when I got my Sony CDRW a few years ago. It's a decent program, but doesn't have nearly as many features as Nero or even Easy CD Creator.

Artist9

Oct 4, 2001
A valid thread locked by the Nazi Mod.
Nazi? Sorry dickweed, we do not subscribe to the Nazi doctrine. What Nazi's did to the people, was inhuman.
See-Ya!

AnandTech Moderator

It appears as if a member with over 2400 posts has been kicked out of the forum for their use of the word Nazi. This is not fair. Not in the United States. Americans did much worse things than the Nazi's did to Native Americans, not to mention Vietnam and other malignant, gastly acts perpetrated by the CIA. Freedom of expression should be tolorated up to a point, expecially with people who have been here a long time. Too many great members have been kicked out for no good reason because someone was in a bad mood, like HawkeyeNJ, who was a major contributor to the forum. At least give a warning.:Q

RandomCoil

Feb 22, 2000
Artist9: You're obviously not familiar with the habit some people have of putting amusing mod quotes in their signature. I highly doubt DanFungus got kicked.

As to the rest of your comment, there's no reason your freedom of expression on a private forum such as this one (private as in owned by Anand) should be protected. If a mod doesn't like being called a Nazi, he/she has every right to give you the boot.

Regarding the deal, this website appears to have some pertinent info, including screenshots.

<editted typo>

scdill

Dec 30, 2000
The neat thing about this burn program is that it allows long filenames. Depending on whether you want special characters you can get either 106 or 212 character filenames. Great for mp3 files.

What isn't so great, is the seemingly small software buffer size (2 Meg I read somewhere). With my old pre-burn proof Plextor I would get occasianal buffer underruns. That should not be a problem with my new lite-on (thanks Staples!).

Incidentally most of the other Prassi engine based burn tools also allow for long file names.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Originally posted by: XFreebie
i dont trust sony, they are RIAA material, they are against the burning of CDRs

Well, the software in question is actually just a Sony re-badge of Prassi's CD burning software. I've known about this "Freebie" for some time now, I have it installed, but I think it was really only intended for users of Sony's CD-burner hardware. However, the software isn't "locked down" as such. :)