Free bluetooth Android gaming controller and Gameloft game code today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
Mine arrived today. Pretty cool, works well with the few games I tried that it officially supports. Sucks that it doesn't have a microusb port with rechargeable batteries. Takes 2 AAA. My S3 in case fits nicely into the controller holster, and its still easy to use the phone in it, except for blocked volume button.

Definitely not worth the $40 or $50 msrp, but I'd maybe pay $20 for one if it supported way more games. At least it does support some of the bigger name titles like Nova 3, Batman, Modern Combat 4 and Asphalt 7.

Nice deal for $5 though, also comes with Pacman, Sonic CD and Modern Combat 4.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Mine arrived today. Pretty cool, works well with the few games I tried that it officially supports. Sucks that it doesn't have a microusb port with rechargeable batteries. Takes 2 AAA. My S3 in case fits nicely into the controller holster, and its still easy to use the phone in it, except for blocked volume button.

Definitely not worth the $40 or $50 msrp, but I'd maybe pay $20 for one if it supported way more games. At least it does support some of the bigger name titles like Nova 3, Batman, Modern Combat 4 and Asphalt 7.

Nice deal for $5 though, also comes with Pacman, Sonic CD and Modern Combat 4.

Got mine in yesterday too definitely not worth $50 like you said but it's great for on the go. It easily fits in a pocket.

zip1385

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2004
Got mine Friday as well. I have to say the device is a lot better than I had expected. $50 worth? No, but I think $25-$30 would be a fair price for something of this sort. Fits the Nexus 4 perfectly and makes the gaming experience a lot better.

The only real downfall is the lack of games supported right now. I would really like to see FF3, Dead Space, and a few other to be added to the supported list.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Mine did too with FedEx, but then it showed up USPS today. So looks like they may not even be using the emailed shipping method.

I reached out to PowerA and they told me they used FedEx SmartPost. What that is, is FedEx is used for interstate shipping, then USPS handles the local delivery.

Still waiting for mine.

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
Got mine Friday as well. I have to say the device is a lot better than I had expected. $50 worth? No, but I think $25-$30 would be a fair price for something of this sort. Fits the Nexus 4 perfectly and makes the gaming experience a lot better.

The only real downfall is the lack of games supported right now. I would really like to see FF3, Dead Space, and a few other to be added to the supported list.
Weird thing happened on my tablet when I installed the Moga app. I have Droidwall so it automatically disables newly installed apps internet access. When I opened it, it was showing Dead Space, Asphalt 6, and a bunch of other games in the Moga app that weren't there on my phone. Thought sweet, they must only be compatible on certain devices. But then I enabled net access to Moga and it took them all away. Thought maybe it was just showing me apps I had installed, but I didn't even have Dead Space installed at the time. Tried replicating it, but it won't do it again :(.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...EsIm5ldC5vYnNpZGlhbnguYW5kcm9pZC5tb2dhaW1lIl0.

Use it with any game. I wish this had been available for Canada. $50 is too much.

Doesn't seem to do much? Sixxaxis app and a wireless PS3/Xbox controller have way more options. Namely the touch emulation, can make pretty much any game work if you spend the time to set it up, but it's pretty tedious to do so.

I reached out to PowerA and they told me they used FedEx SmartPost. What that is, is FedEx is used for interstate shipping, then USPS handles the local delivery.

Still waiting for mine.

Hmm. Well my FedEx tracking still shows it hasn't even been picked up from the sender yet, so hopefully yours is on the way.

zerogear

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2000
Why would I want this vs a PS3 Contoller + Sixaxis Controller app + GameKlip?

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I got mine in today. Having really bad lag problems with it in game. Anybody know what's wrong?

I've only tried it with Modern Combat 4 and Wild Blood, though.

zip1385

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2004
Is the game lagging or the input of the controller lagging? What phone are you running?

Both games work perfectly fine for me on the Nexus 4. Can try on a HTC Sensation if needed.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Is the game lagging or the input of the controller lagging? What phone are you running?

Both games work perfectly fine for me on the Nexus 4. Can try on a HTC Sensation if needed.

It's the controller. I have a Note II. The games aren't lagging if I use the on-screen controls.

edit: OK, I turned off Camera Smoothing and Auto Center in MC4 options and I can look and walk fine, but now I can't figure out how to sprint/jump. Y changes weapons, X reloads and B throws grenades, while A does nothing. Which I'm assuming should be the Sprint/Jump button.

Last edited:

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
It's the controller. I have a Note II. The games aren't lagging if I use the on-screen controls.

edit: OK, I turned off Camera Smoothing and Auto Center in MC4 options and I can look and walk fine, but now I can't figure out how to sprint/jump. Y changes weapons, X reloads and B throws grenades, while A does nothing. Which I'm assuming should be the Sprint/Jump button.

You have to double tap joystick up to go into sprint mode. Same thing with jump, but only when the icon to jump over shit appears.

Supposedly you have to double tap down to crouch, but anytime I hit back it immediately crouches. Pretty annoying.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
You have to double tap joystick up to go into sprint mode. Same thing with jump, but only when the icon to jump over shit appears.

Supposedly you have to double tap down to crouch, but anytime I hit back it immediately crouches. Pretty annoying.

Yeah, I figured it out. Managed to get it pairing correctly (green icon in the status bar) and the game showed me a control list on start up. However, I'm still having problems. The controller unsyncs during play, and the sensitivity of the sticks goes wonky in MC4.