Free alternative to Outlook Professional?

Mar 15, 2003
Need a good pim, not just an email reader. Schedule (calendar), contacts, the whole 9-yards.

Is there anything out there free that works or should I just bug my boss to pick up outlook for me? I'd like WinCE palm integration but I doubt that would happen.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
if you're an in any kind of decent large firm i'm amazed you don't already have it, or a similar large integrated program ;)

I love Outlook :heart:

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: dug777
if you're an in any kind of decent large firm i'm amazed you don't already have it, or a similar large integrated program ;)

I freelance but it's a regular gig with one company. It would be convenient to have my PIMs synced but it was never mission critical before. I suppose I'll just expense it out, it really is quite rad. Was just trying to be thrifty.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
Originally posted by: dug777

I freelance but it's a regular gig with one company. It would be convenient to have my PIMs synced but it was never mission critical before. I suppose I'll just expense it out, it really is quite rad. Was just trying to be thrifty.

don't get me wrong i have no idea if there is something free that does it ;)

i've only ever used outlook and i can't imagine anything else i would want it to do, in fact i'm still discovering new neat things it can do :eek:

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Outlook is a one time expense and can be used for years. There is really not much need to upgrade from Outlook 2000 still although I find Outlook 2003 very nice and Outlook 2007 is even better but more bloated and slower. I would say Outlook 2003 is the best all around version and will be for a years to come.