Free AA Batteries, Camera Case & 7-outlet surge protector CC after MIR

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Maxell AA alkaline 20-pack LR620MP $9.99 less $9.99 CC MIR
Dec 2-8.

edit: Look at posts below for info on:

digital camera/camcorder bag HKCV100BLK $19.99 limit 2 rebates.

APC 7-outlet Surge Protector PER7/PER7T $19.99 limit 1 rebate

DeadParrot

Nov 6, 2001
Thank you. I need batteries. I was wondering what CC had available this weekend since, for the first time in many a month, there was no flyer with this morning's paper.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
That deal ruled. Too bad only one MIR per household.

I can't check the rebate now as the site is down for maintenance, but usually rebates cover a particular time period and if the store offers the same special again on different dates, it is considered a new deal and you can send in another rebate for those dates. I'll check when the site comes back up.

edit: the rebate is valid for purchases from 12/2-12/8

Site is back up but I can't check out due to "Internal Error error code = 100"

Tacoma99

Oct 31, 2000
I tried to get those batteries during the black Fri. sale and they were sold out. I managed to get just about everything else they had: Free after MIR: Really nice $30 laptop case, $9.99 APC UPS 350 backup after MIR, free remote control, free Belkin USB mini scroller mouse. When I got home went online and much to my surprise they still had the batteries, Case Logic 24 CD carrying case, and the $2.99 Gravis Blackhawk Digital joystick! And they had free shipping to top it off! The $9.99 for the APC UPS was really a good deal.

BillRubin

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2001
Yes, unfortunately this is limit one. Other great free after rebate stuff at CC this week:

APC PER7/PER7T surge protector - limit 1 (interestingly, I did not see them offering the PER7T free after rebate in the ad, and it's not on their web site, so it may be only if they have it in the store - presumably the 7T is the 7 outlet with telephone jackets). I originally bought 2 of these and the batteries today and had to return one of each when the rebate forms printed out and I saw that each was limit 1. Oh well.

HKCV100BLK camera/camcorder case - this is the one they had on sale after Thanksgiving. This is a new rebate, and you can buy another 2! My kids took immediate possession of the first two and put their Game Boys and accessories in them. Not sure what I will do with these 2 (yes, you can buy 2 of these on the single rebate).

PS no more free shipping :-(.

Bill

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Thanks Bill! I missed the camcorder bag and surge protector completely. Must be getting old. Usually I can spot "free" at fifty paces. Now if I can just convince myself that I will ever have use for yet ANOTHER free surge protector.... :)

Superdoopercooper

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2001
I just got into the deal on Nov 29th or whatever day... so I'm almost certain they won't give me another rebate 5 days later. If they did... I'd just keep getting $0.81 AA's for the rest of my life. ;) I got free shipping last week. Is it still that way? CC is getting their &*^%&* handed to them on this deal with free shipping. The only person MAKING money is the state of TX for the $0.82 sales tax. heheheehehe

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001
Thanks for the heads-up, allisolm. Snagged a box of AA's from my local store yesterday; I was bummed when I missed these on Black Friday. I may go back for that surge protector today.

Interesting note--I tried to order the batteries online (for in-store pickup). The search page said they had them, but when I went to checkout, it said they didn't. They had at least 8 or 10 boxes in-store, though.

-JB

longhorn

Nov 14, 1999

This will the 4th time I have done this deal. The 1st 3 checks came quite promptly.
I also grabbed Crazy Taxi for Dreamcast for $10, and a 128MB Stick of 133 SDRAM
for $7.50 (after rebate). Circuit City is so much less hectic than Best Buy. Just
get what I want, walk to the checkout, no waiting.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Interesting note--I tried to order the batteries online (for in-store pickup). The search page said they had them, but when I went to checkout, it said they didn't. They had at least 8 or 10 boxes in-store, though.

Same thing happened to me. The store had many, many boxes but I couldn't order online. That's never happened before and I order all the time for in-store pickup. Hopefully it was a momentary glitch.

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001

<< Same thing happened to me. The store had many, many boxes but I couldn't order online. That's never happened before and I order all the time for in-store pickup. Hopefully it was a momentary glitch. >>

Never happened to me, either, and I use it often as well.

However, it just happened again-- I tried to order the APC surge protector online: "Not Available". I just went in on my lunch hour. They appeared to be out, but a sales guy saw me looking at another one, he said "hey , just so you know, we have a similar model for free after rebate" (Editor's Note: Wow--a CC saleperson who was proactively helpful and knew about a promo ! I should probably buy a lottery ticket today.) and brought me to a display by the register, grabbed me one, and rang me out. They had a pile of them. He printed me the rebate form and 2 copies of the receipt without being asked. I nearly passed out. :Q

-JB

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Thanks, it looks like I'll be visiting CC tonight if I don't catch a movie after work.

ww4397

Golden Member
May 14, 2001

<< Interesting note--I tried to order the batteries online (for in-store pickup). The search page said they had them, but when I went to checkout, it said they didn't. They had at least 8 or 10 boxes in-store, though.
>>

Same here. They had over 30 of these at the store when I got there!

I think maybe that is it -- I got there and had to walk around the store a little (not just up to the pickup window)!

BillRubin

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2001

<< I just got into the deal on Nov 29th or whatever day... so I'm almost certain they won't give me another rebate 5 days later. If they did... I'd just keep getting $0.81 AA's for the rest of my life. ;) I got free shipping last week. Is it still that way? CC is getting their &*^%&* handed to them on this deal with free shipping. The only person MAKING money is the state of TX for the $0.82 sales tax. heheheehehe >>

Why do you assume you can't get another set of batteries free? I am almost 100% sure that you can -- the rebate form is dated 12/2-8, so it's a new rebate and likely a new program number. I bought 2 more camera cases after getting 2 free last Saturday.

No more free shipping. And somehow I don't think you'll be getting these batteries for free after rebate for the rest of your life.

Bill

BillRubin

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2001
Wow I just tried ordering for in-store pickup and also found that stuff that claimed to be available is not. And more bizarre, stuff that claimed not be be available for delivery shows up as available on the checkout screen. Something must be messed up there.

Bill

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
damn i had to pay shipping and sales tax...but can't complain about free batteries

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Unfortunately I forgot about the free camera/camcorder bag so I didn't pick that up.

They were out of the free Maxell AA batteries which is a bummer but I already have like 30 Duracell AA's, which I stocked up on from CostCo.

They had plenty of APC Surge Protectors so I got two!

Thanks again for an awesome post!

icer

Aug 31, 2001
The surge protector on their AD is a PER7T, which must have 2 more phone jacks than PER7. However, their rebate form shows that $20 MIR is good for both. I came to 2 of their stores and also online, seems they have only PER7.

BillRubin

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2001

<< Unfortunately I forgot about the free camera/camcorder bag so I didn't pick that up.

They were out of the free Maxell AA batteries which is a bummer but I already have like 30 Duracell AA's, which I stocked up on from CostCo.

They had plenty of APC Surge Protectors so I got two!

Thanks again for an awesome post!
>>

You did notice that the surge protector rebate only allows for a single item, correct? Or did you buy 2 on separate receipts for separate addresses?

Bill

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
You did notice that the surge protector rebate only allows for a single item, correct? Or did you buy 2 on separate receipts for separate addresses?

Nope I didn't notice that but I was prepared just in case, I bought two surge protectors with $20 cash for each ... so yes I'll be using two separate names and addresses, thanks for the reminder.

wakeboarder

Oct 25, 2001
Got one camcorder bag and didn't realize I could get another. Rebate says that they must be on the same receipt. So can I go buy another and send in two seperate rebates or do I need to return the first and rebuy it with another so they are on the same receipt? :confused:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
wakeboarder - That's what I would do in order to make it a "clean new purchase", because the last thing you wanna do is confuse the rebate center.

1) Return your 1 camera bag and get a refund.
2) Buy 2 camera bags, make sure to get a duplicate receipt and the rebate form(s).

How is the quality of the bag? Does CC.com have a picture of it? I want to know if it's worth another trip to CC.