Fred Thompson makes final pitch

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Originally posted by: Specop 007
McCains life HAS been devoted to defending the principles.

As opposed to those who are terrorists.

Yes, like bIRAQ HUSSEIN OSAMA, the Muslim jihadist communist anarchist secularist rapist revisionist ventriloquist hater of our freedoms, and his running mate, Joe "foot in the mouth crap in the head" Biden, who I'm pretty sure masterminded 9/11.

Terrorists!

Such as William Ayers?

Was he a ventriloquist? Throwing bombs is one thing, but throwing your voice is just evil.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy

Yes, like bIRAQ HUSSEIN OSAMA, the Muslim jihadist communist anarchist secularist rapist revisionist ventriloquist hater of our freedoms, and his running mate, Joe "foot in the mouth crap in the head" Biden, who I'm pretty sure masterminded 9/11.

Terrorists!

Is that your audition script to try for a job on Comedy Central? :laugh:

They laughed me out of the interview :(

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Skitzer
Bad things are out there, be very afraid. McCain will protect us. Obama is eloquent but inexperienced and extremely liberal and partisan.

What part of this statement isn't true?

The part where it forgets to mention that McCain is also extremely liberal and partisan.

Oh, so you are adding to the quote?
Too bad your addition makes absolutely no sense ...... otherwise touche'

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Bad things are out there, be very afraid. McCain will protect us. Obama is eloquent but inexperienced and extremely liberal and partisan.

The part where it forgets to mention that McCain is also extremely liberal and partisan.

Oh, that's right, I forgot... in wingnutland, Democrats are always crazy liberals and Republicans are always good conservatives. What was I thinking?

Too bad that doesn't hold true in the real world. :roll:

I stand by what I said. McCain is not a conservative (unless you think being a hawk alone makes one conservative, to which I adamantly disagree), and his campaign has been one of the most intensely partisan (and dirty) in memory.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000

Oh, that's right, I forgot... in wingnutland, Democrats are always crazy liberals and Republicans are always good conservatives. What was I thinking?

I stand by what I said. McCain is not a conservative (unless you think being a hawk alone makes one conservative, to which I adamantly disagree), and his campaign has been one of the most intensely partisan (and dirty) in memory.

I can honestly say that apparently you know more about wingnutland than I do but I disagree with you about your sarcastic definition of Dems and Repubs ......... there are good and bad people in both parties.
McCain may not be a true conservative, actually he hovers more towards the center, but you can't deny that Obama is far left of middle ground.
I'd say that both campaigns have been extremely partisan and dirty.
In my opinion the biggest difference in the candidates is the experience factor. How long has Obama been in the senate, (not counting his 18 months or so running for president), and what legislation has he authored. How many times did he vote present in his 3 terms in the Il senate and why? Politics as usual?
Even Hillary and Joe have said he is not ready to lead, (before he became the nominee, and of course they had to retract those statements which they have since done).
I just don't feel comfortable with his lack of experience. That is why I will not vote for him.
For your information and before you decide to label me as a Republican hack, I voted for Bill Clinton twice, I did not vote for Bush in 04 and I was a Clinton supporter in the primaries. I have been registered Independent since Reagan left office, before that I was a registered Republican. I vote for the person I feel is qualified for the job regardless of party affiliation.
So I stand on my previous statement, "What part of this statement isn't true?"

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I can honestly say that apparently you know more about wingnutland than I do but I disagree with you about your sarcastic definition of Dems and Repubs ......... there are good and bad people in both parties.
McCain may not be a true conservative, actually he hovers more towards the center, but you can't deny that Obama is far left of middle ground.
In my opinion the biggest difference in the candidates is the experience factor. How long has Obama been in the senate, (not counting his 18 months or so running for president), and what legislation has he authored. How many times did he vote present in his 3 terms in the Il senate and why? Politics as usual?
Even Hillary and Joe have said he is not ready to lead, (before he became the nominee, and of course they had to retract those statements which they have since done).
I just don't feel comfortable with his lack of experience. That is why I will not vote for him.
For your information and before you decide to label me as a Republican hack, I voted for Bill Clinton twice, I did not vote for Bush in 04 and I was a Clinton supporter in the primaries. I have been registered Independent since Reagan left office, before that I was a registered Republican. I vote for the person I feel is qualified for the job regardless of party affiliation.

How much experience does Hillary have at being President of the United States? Or McCain for that matter? Let me answer that for you: just as much as Obama.
NO ONE has experience at being President before getting the job. What you should be looking for is not experience but knowledge, judgment, and reason.

I disagree with your assertion that Obama is a "far left." Besides the partisan rhetoric, he's clearly centrist, in line with Clinton and pretty close to moderate McCain except for a few partisan talking points. Which is why a lot of the far left don't like him (Nader absolutely hates Obama, for example), but are holding their noses and backing him in fear of Palin and 4 more years.

As for what you're asking, it's clear you're NOT looking for a logical argument or answer (are Hillary and Joe still saying Obama is not ready?), so sorry, I can't answer you, except to stand by my earlier answer.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I disagree with your assertion that Obama is a "far left." Besides the partisan rhetoric, he's clearly centrist, in line with Clinton and pretty close to moderate McCain except for a few partisan talking points. Which is why a lot of the far left don't like him (Nader absolutely hates Obama, for example), but are holding their noses and backing him in fear of Palin and 4 more years.

He's not the most liberal Senator ??

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

What good is "experience" when your judgement sucks? Bush has lots of experience and still sucks as a president. McCain is the one who's been around the block a million times and yet thought it prudent to select a political neophyte with no knowledge, let alone experience, in the national or international arena, a person who would take his place if he had to leave the hot seat.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: T2T III

He's not the most liberal Senator ??

No

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Was he acting or being honest?

Am I supposed to change my mind after listening to him? Tell you what Fred, lend me your wife for a couple of hours and I just might think about maybe not voting for Obama.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Let me bold them for you.

Bad things are out there, but do you really think Thompson is right that we should base our vote on fear?

MCain has shown no indication that he'll protect us any better than Obama, and given his oftentimes oddly hawkish attitude, I'm not sure I trust him not to make situations worse.

Obama may be somewhat inexperienced, but that's worked out OK before. And while the charge of being "extremely liberal" is leveled against every Democrat running for anything, I see nothing to suggest it applies any more accurately to Obama. As for partisanship...he's far less partisan than McCain, who has shown he's quick to throw away cross-party cooperation when it furthers his political ambitions.