France-Iraq link found???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
What, that there is not a clear detailed folder outlining every little deatil of their meetings with the terrorists, you think maybe they did this on the hush for a reason??????

Face it, the link is there, anything else we cant see was definitely hidden intentionally from the start.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
What, that there is not a clear detailed folder outlining every little deatil of their meetings with the terrorists, you think maybe they did this on the hush for a reason??????

Face it, the link is there, anything else we cant see was definitely hidden intentionally from the start.

In our expert opinion (ie not very expert) I've already seen to opposed points of view within (when did this info come out? today?) not very long. One point of view is that this is damning evidence. Another says it was not so conclusive.

What am I to make of it all. I don't know. I do know that this will continue to develop though, which is why I don't feel the need to extrapolate and shout about it.

I'll give it a while longer and a good look when I get to see the document in its original context. Then I'll make my mind up.

Andy

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We've seen this, right?
Yeah, you got to love the Guardian and their "sources". Personally, from what the documents purport to show, this is just initial contact information and though it is somewhat damning, it's not enough to claim that Saddam was in bed with bin Hidin'. It is enough to continue to pursue that angle though and give some credence to their complicity.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
You guys just need to listen to Fox news, and only Fox news. They are "fair and balanced" and everything they say is 100% true regardless of anything else you hear! :p;)

**Disclaimer** The above was meant to be sarcasm. ;)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Watch.... next you're gonna hear that OBL was seen talking to US CIA agents in the '80s... and that those same agents also were seen talking to Saddam during the same period....

Well... It could happen...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
jjones: Yeah, you got to love the Guardian and their "sources". Personally, from what the documents purport to show, this is just initial contact information and though it is somewhat damning, it's not enough to claim that Saddam was in bed with bin Hidin'. It is enough to continue to pursue that angle though and give some credence to their complicity.
-------------------------------
Look, jj, that's a reasonable stand to take but to me it's besides the point. We just attacked another country in violation of every principle we've held sacred and worked to bring to the world for 50 years on a flimsy string of pretexts that were floated and shot down one after the other. The last of them was that Saddam was a threat, an immediate threat to the US that couldn't afford to wait for UN inspectors to solve. The country should have been crawling with WMD and we should have experienced thousands of casualties because they were so dangerous. But it turns out that not only were they not a threat to us here last week, they weren't even a challenge to take over. Not one WMD was used on us and we invaded. Get it. Bush lied. He was always lying. We took over Iraq for the New American Century. You've been played. Sorry. The people of the United States have been sucker punched in the gullibility gut. WMD, terrorism, the French connection, all that's to keep the fairy dust swirling in your head.

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh, and oh so eloquent one, don't boars need tits to feed their young? That doesn't sound useless to me
Wrong again (don't you get tired of it?) oh eloquent libby city boy.
Sows feed the young. Boars are the male version porcine.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
"The people of the United States have been sucker punched in the gullibility gut. WMD, terrorism, the French connection, all that's to keep the fairy dust swirling in your head."

All 3 have been extensively covered as well and are legitimate concerns that are being proven more correct day by day....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
All 3 have been extensively covered as well and are legitimate concerns that are being proven more correct day by day....
-----------------------
Thanks for making my point. Ahahahahaha

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Alistar7
"The people of the United States have been sucker punched in the gullibility gut. WMD, terrorism, the French connection, all that's to keep the fairy dust swirling in your head."

Just heard on some channel... that Rumsfeld has declared the US finally found the evidence... and boy don't I feel bad...
He said " ... the long wait is over... we have in our posession four containers of BIO WMD... with out doubt they were intended for use against us.. by the Evil Iraqi Army.." He then had the leaders of the Fourth Infantry Division lead in the Cows... with Iraqi children crying and yelling... Mickey, Mickey.. It seems what we have found are four bovine suffers of Mad cow disease and each had markings consistant with Mickey Mouse on their sides... They fit the mobile description too. It prooves the ever vigilent are not about to let pass even the most stealthy of weapons.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
HJD1: It prooves the ever vigilent are not about to let pass even the most stealthy of weapons.
------------------------
And it behoovs us to be very careful. There is no WMD like the Creutzfeldt Jacob's stealth burger.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Wrong again (don't you get tired of it?) oh eloquent libby city boy.

Eloquent? Thanks. :) I don't have any real decent lines like "useless as tits on a boar." though. :p;) City boy? You know I live in New Hampshire right? Not any real cities here...:)

Sows feed the young. Boars are the male version porcine.

You got me there chief. You are obviously the resident pig expert here, so I will defer to your expertise from now on in all pig related issues. :p

;)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
HJD1: It prooves the ever vigilent are not about to let pass even the most stealthy of weapons.
------------------------
And it behoovs us to be very careful. There is no WMD like the Creutzfeldt Jacob's stealth burger.

I'm still in a quandry over how a MOAB or an Air Wing of 50 B-52 are not WMD... I was told "cuz they aint chemicals...."
But, last I looked.... there are chemicals contained in the bombs... they go boom is the differnce... least ways to me.

I love burgers... even if they blow up the tummy.. never had what you mentioned though ... Wendy's aint bad..

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

You got me there chief. You are obviously the resident pig expert here, so I will defer to your expertise from now on in all pig related issues. :p

;)[/quote]

Bacon is not a prudent career path..

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Originally posted by: zer0burn
you cannot generalize all Canadians and EU members as war bashers etc...

Itd be like me saying every American is a gun toting fool...

...and... there's something incorrect about that statement? ;)

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I'd really like to know exactly what information was exchanged. Before I join the lynch mob it may be worth knowing what I'm actually talking about.

Cheers,

Andy