Fractal Design Vector RS case

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fractal-design-vector-rs-case
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9...-light-tg-mid-tower-chassis-review/index.html

I had no idea this case was out there, and came across it while looking at some hardware on Newegg. It's a huge case (almost the same size as my Be Quiet Dark Base 900), but I really liked the looks and layout of it. IMO, it's one of the few RGB cases that doesn't overdue it (I like the minimalist design). I really had to talk myself out of buying it because I really do like my current case, and there's no legit reason for me to change it out. :)

One interesting note on it, in the TweakTown review, the tempered glass side shattered after they removed it and laid it down flat. There was a user on here not long ago who said the same thing happened to their new computer case (I can't remember what brand it was off hand).
Edit: It was a Thermaltake case.

VectorRS_Newspost_v2.jpg

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
1. Fractal Design, so excellent build quality
2. obscenely expensive
3. i keep looking at the photo and my brain cannot understand what the actual front panel shape is
4. looks nice tho

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
1. Fractal Design, so excellent build quality
:laugh:
do people really think this? i have 3 fractals and while they're better than generic tier they're not quality. thin metal, holes that aren't tapped right, etc. even toms mentions the materials quality as a drawback.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Many cases at full price are pricey for sure.

When buying a case, I watch for really good sales. Many times it's when the manufacturer launches their newest cases, and the manufacturer/retailer wants to move some old inventory. For example, I bought my two Fractal Design R5 cases for $89 each, the Define C for $40, and my personal Dark Base 900 for $140.
do people really think this? i have 3 fractals and while they're better than generic tier they're not quality. thin metal, holes that aren't tapped right, etc. even toms mentions the materials quality as a drawback.
While not as premium in materials as the Be Quiet case, I really have liked the Fractal Design overall quality. I really don't have any complaints about them for the price I paid.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
for $80 they're fine. i wouldn't pay $120+ for one, though.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
did they come from china? my R2 and R4 builds were exceptional, so much that i went on twitter to praise their paneling.
i did not try anything since the R4

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
$170 for a Fractal? That would be a big NOPE!

And I have to agree with Tom's analysis. Its a nice looking outside with an aging inside. And personally not a fan of cases that have front fans that pull air through small side vents.