Question Fractal Define 7 vs Phanteks p600s

Tarvaln

Apr 28, 2004
I'm debating on getting either a Fractal Define 7 or a Phanteks p600s.
My preferences are listed in order of importance. Any case though, I want a front panel USB-C. It must also have a CPU clearance of 170mm for my D15 with covers.

Air Flow
Build Quality
Noise
RGB

With both cases I was going to max out the top and front with 140mm fans.
I thought the Define 7 would be good for that, but I'll have to remove the front door. I cannot remove the dust filter due to my kids. With the p600s, I could remove the dust filter and solid front cover for good air flow. but I couldn't find out it it had a fan hub like the Define 7.

If anyone has one of these cases please let me know about your experiences. Also, if anyone has another recommendation, I'd like to hear it. Any recommendation needs to have a front panel USB-C and a CPU cooler clearance of 170mm.

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
I have a phanteks p600 it has a small fan hub, case directions are posted online.
Overall I really like the case, well built, nothing rattles and being able to remove the front and top cover is really cool.
however I don’t think removing either cover improves cooling that much.
Smart, well built case and sexy looking imo.
it is the little things that I like about it, for example the doors are hinged but not they typical plastic hinge that will break but a nice solid metal piece that is machined really well so the door is super smooth.

page 13 has the info your are looking for.

Tarvaln

Apr 28, 2004
I have a phanteks p600 it has a small fan hub, case directions are posted online.
Overall I really like the case, well built, nothing rattles and being able to remove the front and top cover is really cool.
however I don’t think removing either cover improves cooling that much.
Smart, well built case and sexy looking imo.
it is the little things that I like about it, for example the doors are hinged but not they typical plastic hinge that will break but a nice solid metal piece that is machined really well so the door is super smooth.

page 13 has the info your are looking for.

Thanks for the advice. I picked one up and it's great. More quite than my old 932 HAF and much sleeker. The only problem I have is, I look at the glass panel and I think, "This needs some lighting". I think I activated a trap card. :(

Feb 4, 2009
Thanks for the advice. I picked one up and it's great. More quite than my old 932 HAF and much sleeker. The only problem I have is, I look at the glass panel and I think, "This needs some lighting". I think I activated a trap card. :(

Haha, I chose the solid panel case to avoid that.
So many things I like about the case