Discussion Fracking bad for farmers???

Feb 4, 2009
But yet they vote for pro fracking politicians.
I’m done with farmers voting for people who don’t represent their needs and actively vote for people against their needs because they’re tough. They’ve been doing this for decades. Fuck the farmers they need to be accountable for their choices.

Last edited:

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
My question would be why are you pumping ground water for crops its unsustainable?

Reactions: Dave_5k

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Exactly, F what is good long term management and also complain about what is not good long term management
Drive up the 5 in central valley and see the farmers bitching about water restrictions mile after mile while seeing ground subsidence of up to a foot/year due to overdrawing the aquifers.

They dont give two shits about good management.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
You would think Nebraska would have enough annual rainfall to grow crops, Cali? yeah its a desert don't farm there

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Drive up the 5 in central valley and see the farmers bitching about water restrictions mile after mile while seeing ground subsidence of up to a foot/year due to overdrawing the aquifers.

They dont give two shits about good management.

Worse it threatens infrastructure that the rest of the state depends on. A lot of people involved in extractive industries simply don't care as long as they can keep going, this includes farmers/ranchers as well as O&G.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
But yet the vote for pro fracking politicians.
I’m done with farmers voting for people who don’t represent their needs and actively vote for people against their needs because they’re tough. They’ve been doing this for decades. Fuck the farmers they need to be accountable for their choices.
This. They get what they voted for. Until that changes, nothing changes for them.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Worse it threatens infrastructure that the rest of the state depends on. A lot of people involved in extractive industries simply don't care as long as they can keep going, this includes farmers/ranchers as well as O&G.

All so thry can use our limited resources and send their products (petroleum products, almonds, other ag products) overseas.

Sure. Ill let you fuck up our environment so china can have almonds and more oil. Why not?

Zor Prime

Nov 7, 1999
Fracking should have been banned the moment it was discovered that earthquakes can occur as the result of fracking.

Reactions: DaaQ

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Fracking should have been banned the moment it was discovered that earthquakes can occur as the result of fracking.
The earthquakes are caused by waste water injection, not the fracking itself, at least the vast majority of the time.

I lived through the massive earthquake swarms in Oklahoma through 2013-2015. Hundreds a year within 8 miles of my house. Probably a hundred or more ~3.0s epicentered a couple miles from me. They finally started restricting the waste water injection in areas of the state with a lot of faults and the earthquakes went away.

They had been pushing a lie that no faults were big enough to do damage until we started good a swarm >4.5 and they finally admitted they were coming from a fault long enough to create a 6.5 right under downtown OKC.

What's nuts is how much external costs is driven, from actually doing damage, to tons of people adding earthquake insurance, to bridges having to be inspected all the time, to upgraded seismic zones driving a lot higher cost of construction.