fps drop on asus gtx770

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2009
I haven't tested bf3 with the 670 yet, I play it with the 7950 rig and minimum fps was never that low ever. Could be a game specific issue with the current NV drivers. If its running fine elsewhere, that's probably the culprit.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
can i get constant 60 fps if i oc my cpu?

As someone who always must have a 60 fps experience,the only way to pull that off at 1080p or in my case 1200p is running all high with motion blur enabled,post aa on high and deferred aa off then there isn't a map or time where my frame dips even below 62fps and this is with a stock clocked i5 2500 at 3.3Ghz.

Have the same card as you,ultra without deferred aa can still dip as low as 51fps depending on map and this is usually during a explosion.

I found Ultra really not that much different from high so i simply run high settings and half the time my chip bottlenecks my card but that doesn't bother me as the majority of the time i am sitting well over 100 fps.....

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
thank you brother for replying but if i play on 768p and do the same explosion fps still drops to 19 lol its funny but i will lower my settings and get back to you

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
thank you brother for replying but if i play on 768p and do the same explosion fps still drops to 19 lol its funny but i will lower my settings and get back to you

These dips remind me of what my old cx500 psu did,i should have had enough power with that psu but i ended up getting all kinds of funky dips in all my games and even a few lock ups,there could be a possibility your psu could be faulty.

Replacing the psu solved those weird dips,idk how old your psu is but if you got a good spare i would consider switching them out and giving that a go.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
These dips remind me of what my old cx500 psu did,i should have had enough power with that psu but i ended up getting all kinds of funky dips in all my games and even a few lock ups,there could be a possibility your psu could be faulty.

Replacing the psu solved those weird dips,idk how old your psu is but if you got a good spare i would consider switching them out and giving that a go.

brother i got both psu and gpu on 15 july psu is seasonic x650 gold