Fox News to the front row of the White House briefing room

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Actually, according to Nielsen, the most watched network news show is NBC's, it averages about 7 million viewers. Fox averages about 1.5 million for the evening news shows. That's about 5 times, but yes, you are right, overall the network news shows are watched by more people.

Just because you think it so does not make it so. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/01/26/fox-most-trusted-name-news-according-new-poll This poll confirms what others have already indicated. Fox is the most trusted among the American public by a wide margin.

But hey, by all means, continue with the faux noise stuff.....

Myeh, freedom of speech doesn't apply only to the people we like....or to those who only try and tell the truth for that matter. Fox News has high ratings because many find it entertaining. The real problem is how news and entertainment became one and the same.

The right to freedom of speech, and the honoring of an organization with the best row in the White House Press room, are not the same thing.

You are really confused here - you appear to have zero ability to analyze the accuracy of Fox News, the bias and agenda they have.

I'm sure the followers of cult leaders have far higher levels of trust in their leaders than the average person does in their political leaders. Does that make them more right?

Fox News is a propaganda machine, and the fact that big money with expert propaganda creation has people fall for it - well, that's just shocking, and proves they're wonderful.

It has nothing to do with the 'right to free speech' - which they have and I support - but rather the fact of their being a harmful propaganda machine being given a stronger position in our news industry. If you don't object to that, you really have no basis to object to any lies being told by any propaganda group and the worst of them receiving any level of recognition and power. If the old Pravda moved to the US and was made the White House's official publication over any other source, you should say 'that's just fine'.

To do any less would 'violate their free speech', according to your bad logic.

You attack the accurate criticism of Fox as 'Faux Noise' - you're deluded on this.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
What a travesty and an insult to Thomas.

Fox has done ten thousand times worse than her 'offense', but power is a fine protector.

Power based on the foolish people who support Fox with their viewing.

The White House was recently in the media saying President Obama's opinion is that they are not a real news organization.

So the rest of the press decided to insult Thomas?
Remember the other members of the press pool put Fox there. Its not like seating is first come first serve.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
So the rest of the press decided to insult Thomas?
Remember the other members of the press pool put Fox there. Its not like seating is first come first serve.
You mean the rest of the Press Corp aren't comfortable with their backs to them? hmmm, very understandable.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
The right to freedom of speech, and the honoring of an organization with the best row in the White House Press room, are not the same thing.

You are really confused here - you appear to have zero ability to analyze the accuracy of Fox News, the bias and agenda they have.

I'm sure the followers of cult leaders have far higher levels of trust in their leaders than the average person does in their political leaders. Does that make them more right?

Fox News is a propaganda machine, and the fact that big money with expert propaganda creation has people fall for it - well, that's just shocking, and proves they're wonderful.

It has nothing to do with the 'right to free speech' - which they have and I support - but rather the fact of their being a harmful propaganda machine being given a stronger position in our news industry. If you don't object to that, you really have no basis to object to any lies being told by any propaganda group and the worst of them receiving any level of recognition and power. If the old Pravda moved to the US and was made the White House's official publication over any other source, you should say 'that's just fine'.

To do any less would 'violate their free speech', according to your bad logic.

You attack the accurate criticism of Fox as 'Faux Noise' - you're deluded on this.

I recognize that Fox News is quite biased, as are many media outlets (though I'd argue degrees matter). The power of any propaganda machine lies within the peoples willingness to believe it. There is a shared responsibility.

I don't believe this really does anything to greatly improve Fox's status as a news organization. The people who cared for what they said before they say in the front row, and the people who didn't, aren't going to change their minds now.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
So you acknowledge Fox's standing as a highly respected news organization?
I recognize the Associated Press' standing as a highly respected news organization.
I recognize Fox News Network's standing as a Political Commentary Network that has a few news shows.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I sometimes look at what is on FOX news, but I dont like it that much. Most of the personalities (On the News Side) are just a bunch of yuppie east and west coast idiots. I dont see that they are that different from other news personalities. If anything, I think that the other networks news agencies have a greater ability to brainwash the public.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I recognize the Associated Press' standing as a highly respected news organization.
I recognize Fox News Network's standing as a Political Commentary Network that has a few news shows.

So the AP to you then is about the same thing? Maybe has 1 news show more than Fox? :rolleyes:

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
So the AP to you then is about the same thing? Maybe has 1 news show more than Fox? :rolleyes:
Since you don't know the difference between a multi-media news agency and a video network, I should suggest you refrain from further comment on the subject.

As if ignorance has ever impeded your blathering...

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Since you don't know the difference between a multi-media news agency and a video network, I should suggest you refrain from further comment on the subject.

As if ignorance has ever impeded your blathering...

Well since YOU were the one suggesting that the AP got front row center for a reason, there must be a reason why Fox is just a few seats over. Seems odd that all of these legit news organizations would VOTE to give Fox that position, including the AP, if they were just a bunch of opinion guys and a few news people.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Well since YOU were the one suggesting that the AP got front row center for a reason, there must be a reason why Fox is just a few seats over. Seems odd that all of these legit news organizations would VOTE to give Fox that position, including the AP, if they were just a bunch of opinion guys and a few news people.
I never said that Fox News was not a very influential Opinion Network.

edit: FWIW, my original comment was made to correct PokerFace, who implied that Fox News was given the prime seat in the Press Room. That seat went to the AP.

Last edited:

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
the FN reporters in the press pool aren't really the same as Hannity or OReilly.

Not sure where these press pool reporters land, but the right wing streak of FN goes far beyond Hannity or O'Reilly and regularly seeps into their reporting.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Still waiting on FNE to defend his bigotry and ignorance:

Originally Posted by Fear No Evil
And you liberals want us to live by Sharia Law. I defend your right to that belief though!

Hard to take a person seriously when he posts something as disgusting as this.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
He said that Fox viewers are found to be the most *misinformed*. You did not show anything to rebut that by showing that these misinformed viewers trust their network the most.

To back up this point.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/michaeltomasky/2009/aug/19/healthcare-fox-news-viewers

and

http://www.alternet.org/story/16892

It has been reported several times. We all know it's true. Fox News viewers are always heavily misinformed. Because they don't think for themselves. The concept of the liberal media is a myth. It's just that Fox News is a crazy super right wing fucked in the head media.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
LoL The foaming at the mouth by the "progressives" here is very telling (somewhat amusing in a sense) about their "tolerance" toward any view point which deviates beyond their own.