Fox News sued for spreading misinformation to the public

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
You're putting an impressive effort into twisting my words into the words you wished I typed.

Fundamental difference between trolls like yourself and me. I post evidence with links for everyone to read how they fit my coherent arguments. You, on the other hand, provide no evidence, no links, post obvious idiotic contradictions, and purposeful lies about your previous posts. Despite all of that, now you have nothing other than a wimpy response of nothingness to save face.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Reactions: Printed Circuit Bro

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Fundamental difference between trolls like yourself and me. I post evidence with links for everyone to read how they fit my coherent arguments. You, on the other hand, provide no evidence, no links, post obvious idiotic contradictions, and purposeful lies about your previous posts. Despite all of that, now you have nothing other than a wimpy response of nothingness to save face.

This is one of the worst, and I suspect will be lingering aspects, of Trump. He has normalized degeneracy and taking pride in being completely dishonest. His fanatic followers are just following his lead. 'Well it sure does piss off those libs to lie blatantly and double down on it' They've realized their supporters are so radicalized at this point, they don't care about anything but winning.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
A Fox News headline

"New York Times edits Biden sexual assault coverage, deletes references to past inappropriate 'hugs, kisses and touching'"

Are you shitting me?
They should be sued alone for running the GRU Burisma propaganda offensive.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Is ABC News getting sued for reporting false claims about a "November 2019 Intelligence Report" on the coronavirus?
How do we know the story is false? Besides even if it is how would it cause harm to the public.

Show evidence the story is false then we can comment on ABC

I did quick search 5 media outlets are reporting a similar story.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Slow clap for whatever got this ball going, the news is lying and spreading false information and now people see this? Well welcome to the reality i have seen for 15 years. All the stations are lying, but Fox is the worst. They are nothing more then a tabloid LOL. They report, you decide remember?

I hope they all get sued and get ran into the ground. Its all distractions and lies so the puppet masters can pull whatever strings they want while your distracted. If they posted real numbers and everyone, the entire world would be in a panic so everything is belittled to keep the masses calm i can almost guarantee this. It's almost a cliche how obvious this can be.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Slow clap for whatever got this ball going, the news is lying and spreading false information and now people see this? Well welcome to the reality i have seen for 15 years. All the stations are lying, but Fox is the worst. They are nothing more then a tabloid LOL. They report, you decide remember?

I hope they all get sued and get ran into the ground. Its all distractions and lies so the puppet masters can pull whatever strings they want while your distracted. If they posted real numbers and everyone, the entire world would be in a panic so everything is belittled to keep the masses calm i can almost guarantee this. It's almost a cliche how obvious this can be.
By doing a bit of #bothsides lines are blurred from getting something wrong vs intentionally spreading known misinformation, some of it that can cause harm to the public.

I can't recall (the last 10 years) ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN (name your so called liberal rag) spreading known false information.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
By doing a bit of #bothsides lines are blurred from getting something wrong vs intentionally spreading known misinformation, some of it that can cause harm to the public.

I can't recall (the last 10 years) ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN (name your so called liberal rag) spreading known false information.

Yeah i take anything from the news with a grain of salt, plus most of them doing the rep vs dem thing and well i belong to either party. You put on MSNBC and Fox at the same time, they usually sing different tunes. MSNBC wants to massacre trump then its Fox sucking the shit out of his ass from all the ass kissing, its quite impressive really. The little stories i remember CNN doing were quite distracting like celebrity news during who knows what. That is what tabloids are for, who gives a shit if some celebrity just got a breast implant, there is more important news in the world there CNN. If they still do this idk but glad i don't watch. My thought on those distractions...

Any lies wouldn't exactly look like lies, it wouldn't be to obvious either for control reasons. The fact Fox is the topic of this thread yeah.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
. If they posted real numbers and everyone, the entire world would be in a panic so everything is belittled to keep the masses calm i can almost guarantee this. It's almost a cliche how obvious this can be.

You really need to show your work.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Is ABC News getting sued for reporting false claims about a "November 2019 Intelligence Report" on the coronavirus?
Maybe, but generally speaking if you went out of your way to sue someone for doing harm you'd go with your biggest, strongest case first, the one you might actually win if it went to court.
Also generally speaking you need to show intent, and a one time accident from Party A probably doesn't qualify while as multiple deliberate incidents from Party B may very well qualify.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The Hannity show is not a news program, it is a political commentary show.

I like how they word the headline " new study suggests ...".

Nothing will come of this in my opinion. Clickbait at it's best.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The Hannity show is not a news program, it is a political commentary show.

I like how they word the headline " new study suggests ...".

Nothing will come of this in my opinion. Clickbait at it's best.

How should they have worded the headline?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
How should they have worded the headline?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the way it was worded. Just there is a huge difference between something being shown as fact and something that suggests something could possibly be true.