Fox News shows bias again

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Funny how Fox News always referred to people crossing the border from Mexico as "illegal aliens". Now that Bush wants to grant what is defacto amnesty to them thay are now called "undocumented workers". Fair and balanced my ass!! :frown:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Link from FoxNews.com frontpage story
I fail to see what your beef is. "Undocumented" is used exactly 3 times and all are in quotes(except where their copy editor missed an ending quotation mark;) )

You guys can keep up with your FOX bashing all you want - I find it quite entertaining.:)

CkG

Don't play stupid. We all know "illegal alien" has a more negative connotation then "undocumented worker". Wait a second don't play unwilling to use intelligence (softer).

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

You guys can keep up with your FOX bashing all you want - I find it quite entertaining.

Why do you think we do it? And now I'm going to juggle for you. :)

BTW - what are you doing commenting in this thread?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: HomerJS
I fail to see what your beef is. "Undocumented" is used exactly 3 times and all are in quotes(except where their copy editor missed an ending quotation mark;) )

You guys can keep up with your FOX bashing all you want - I find it quite entertaining.:)

CkG

Don't play stupid. We all know "illegal alien" has a more negative connotation then "undocumented worker". Wait a second don't play unwilling to use intelligence (softer).

Huh? I wasn't playing stupid:p We've been over this ILLEGAL vs undocumented thing before. The concept of "undocumented" is asinine. But this thread is stupid because the front page article includes the word 3 times and all three are quotes.

Gaard - I'm asking what the beef is.(not "where's the beef" :D) And no - FOX doesn't directly affect my life and I fail to see why this thread was even started. The point isn't even real - these are quotes - not commentary. Infact - the leading commentary in the front page link states:
"President Bush proposed a plan Wednesday that would allow illegal immigrants working in the United States to stay here if their employers vouch for their jobs."
Seems to me that FOX still calls them illegal immigrants.

Now again - what is the beef with this FOX story? This is all quite amusing. Carry on:D

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Funny how Fox News always referred to people crossing the border from Mexico as "illegal aliens". Now that Bush wants to grant what is defacto amnesty to them thay are now called "undocumented workers". Fair and balanced my ass!! :frown:

Welcome to P&N HomerJS , actually they are our "Southern Citizens" from "that State south of Texas", you didn't know about that State? It's even bigger than Texas :Q

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

CkG

Huh? I wasn't playing stupid:p We've been over this ILLEGAL vs undocumented thing before. The concept of "undocumented" is asinine. But this thread is stupid because the front page article includes the word 3 times and all three are quotes.

Gaard - I'm asking what the beef is.(not "where's the beef" :D) And no - FOX doesn't directly affect my life and I fail to see why this thread was even started. The point isn't even real - these are quotes - not commentary. Infact - the leading commentary in the front page link states:
"President Bush proposed a plan Wednesday that would allow illegal immigrants working in the United States to stay here if their employers vouch for their jobs."

Now again - what is the beef with this FOX story? This is all quite amusing. Carry on:D

CkG

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

CkG

CkG

First of all I was referring to todays television broadcast of Fox News not some website article.

Just in case you didn't get it the second time I'll explain so even you can understand. The phrase "undocumented worker" is an obvious softer phrase they are now using since Bush is now offering a free pass to all illegal aliens from Mexico. The head of Fox news is a baised Republican and they are always subtly proping up Bush when they claim to be "unbaised".

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

CkG

CkG

First of all I was referring to todays television broadcast of Fox News not some website article.

Just in case you didn't get it the second time I'll explain so even you can understand. The phrase "undocumented worker" is an obvious softer phrase they are now using since Bush is now offering a free pass to all illegal aliens from Mexico. The head of Fox news is a baised Republican and they are always subtly proping up Bush when they claim to be "unbaised".

They are Fair and Balanced in Bush's favor? Is there a problem?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

You didn't state that it was TV news(might try that next time;)). Usually people whine and then link to FOX.

Second - Just incase you didn't undestand it when I said it the first time - I'll post it again so even you can understand
rolleye.gif
- "We've been over this ILLEGAL vs undocumented thing before. The concept of "undocumented" is asinine." Got it? I understand the debate about the label. And no - FOX isn't going soft - the article it posted on it's website clearly calls them ILLEGAL - just as they should. If you take issue with what they showed/said on TV - fine. I don't watch FOX NEWS so all I have to go by is what they print - which should be similar to what they yap about on TV.
Meh - whatever. Bash away:D

CkG

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Welcome to P&N HomerJS , actually they are our "Southern Citizens" from "that State south of Texas", you didn't know about that State? It's even bigger than Texas :Q

gracious (probably mispelled)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

You didn't state that it was TV news(might try that next time;)). Usually people whine and then link to FOX.

Second - Just incase you didn't undestand it when I said it the first time - I'll post it again so even you can understand
rolleye.gif
- "We've been over this ILLEGAL vs undocumented thing before. The concept of "undocumented" is asinine." Got it? I understand the debate about the label. And no - FOX isn't going soft - the article it posted on it's website clearly calls them ILLEGAL - just as they should. If you take issue with what they showed/said on TV - fine. I don't watch FOX NEWS so all I have to go by is what they print - which should be similar to what they yap about on TV.
Meh - whatever. Bash away:D

CkG

I wouldn't call it a whine. I just like pointing out bias when so many people claim they are fair. Besides any news organization that take a scroll on the Simpsons that states "Fox News claims Democrats found to cause cancer"
seriously has some screws loose.