Fox News posts pictures of possibly dead Ambassador Stevens *warning - pic inside*

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/rbloedow/stevens.jpg

Is this appropriate to plaster on the front page of your news site, if there's a possibility that that Ambassador Stevens was dead in this photograph? What kind of respectable news organization would do this if they were unsure?

There's no reason to embed possibly offensive pictures in posts. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
How horrible! A U.S. news station that is actually showing news and not filtering it for delicate liberal sensibilities. It's so much better when we have authoritarian liberal Democrats choosing what we can see and what we should be able to see. Shame on Fox for being accurate.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
How horrible! A U.S. news station that is actually showing news and not filtering it for delicate liberal sensibilities. It's so much better when we have authoritarian liberal Democrats choosing what we can see and what we should be able to see. Shame on Fox for being accurate.

I'm sure his family appreciates your regards.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008

Are you nuts? IT was Bush that forbid pics of even coffins of soldiers to lull the sheeple.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
this way at least it's not watered down and people can see the true religion of peace at work. .. waiting for liberal drone media to pick up "it's our fault, we never should have spoken poorly about mohamud!!!"

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

I'm not saying they should have censored it, what I'm saying is that something feels wrong with parading an image on your front page of a possibly dead US diplomat. Bury it in a news story - attach a warning label - something other than this.

This person chose to serve their country as a public servant. How do we repay someone who has made the ultimate sacrifice while serving that duty? Certainly not by making a spectacle of it.

Says the person who made a thread about it and embedded the image in the OP. :roll: -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
It is a bit of a shocking photo, agreed. I think in general people should be told before seeing something like a dead person.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm sure his family appreciates your regards.

Tough on his family, but that's the way it goes. I'd rather have the news media show me what they have and not picking and choosing what they're going to show me. I can certainly understand why authoritarian liberals like yourself want to censor the news.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
He doesn't look dead there. He is holding his head upright and his eyes are open.

kia75

Oct 30, 2005
Are you nuts? IT was Bush that forbid pics of even coffins of soldiers to lull the sheeple.

Bodies of your dead people tend to be bad for the administration in charge. That's why Bush forbid coffins, and why Fox News is plastering these photos on their front page now.

Having said that, I don't think the photos are inappropriate and they are news. Fox has every right to show the pictures. If more people saw the consequences of violence perhaps there would be less violence in the world.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Shut up you tiresome, bitter hack. We all know damn well that if NBC had done this, you'd be squealing like a stuck pig. You're one of the most shameless hypocrites here.

As far as Fox's decision, it seems in poor taste to me (though they certainly have the right to publish it). While such graphic images are common in many other countries, they have never been accepted by delicate American sensibilities. I assume it's just a ploy for ratings, though I'd think it would backfire with the typical Fox demographic. It will be interesting to see if there's any backlash over the next couple of days.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Tough on his family, but that's the way it goes. I'd rather have the news media show me what they have and not picking and choosing what they're going to show me. I can certainly understand why authoritarian liberals like yourself want to censor the news.

In what way would not showing the picture be censoring the news. The picture doesn't add anything new to the story.

Nov 30, 2006
In my opinion, the photo on the front page is a reflection of our nation's outrage. This ugliness should not be hidden from the sheeple.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
this way at least it's not watered down and people can see the true religion of peace at work. .. waiting for liberal drone media to pick up "it's our fault, we never should have spoken poorly about mohamud!!!"
I'm sure you'd feel the same way if Fox was offering graphic photos of innocent Iraqi or Afghan women and children butchered by U.S. forces, right, so Americans can see not watered down images of America's own "religion of peace" at work? Right? You and Mono should get a room. Your joy in exploiting this tragedy for asinine partisan points is repugnant.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

You're a piece of shit, fuck you.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

Buy your own press and hire some reporters.

Otherwise, you're getting filtered news.

Oh, and shove your labels up your ass.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You don't hold your head up when you are dead.

I didn't say you did.

It's hard to tell from the photo. His face has colour to it but his lips are blue and his body is pale.

If I had to guess I'd say that he was in that in between bit, fading away.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I didn't say you did.

It's hard to tell from the photo. His face has colour to it but his lips are blue and his body is pale.

If I had to guess I'd say that he was in that in between bit, fading away.

You are right, he doesn't look good.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Ok thanks for not answering my question.

Yes I did, it has far more political impact when it's shown. If you notice all the posters that are absolutely incensed by the showing of the picture are partisan Democrats. Here's a quarter welshbloke, buy a clue.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Yes I did, it has far more political impact when it's shown. If you notice all the posters that are absolutely incensed by the showing of the picture are partisan Democrats. Here's a quarter welshbloke, buy a clue.

So news has to be politicised to not be censored?