Fox news...fair and balanced? ha!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Tates
<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://Yes that's the best I can do. That said I haven't seen you do any better. So you disagree with me about those 3 Morning anchors on Fox News?">Yes that's the best I can do
</a>

What is it that I am suppose to do better at? You leveled the accusation, I asked you to be more specific.

Intelligent banter, por favor :)

Now you are just being a dick:) You want intelligent banter look to Astaroth33 post about them!

render

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 1999
Since when is stating the obvious called bieng biased?

Come on, you can do better than that.
rolleye.gif

Come on, you can do better than that.
rolleye.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Now you are just being a dick

Name calling is the last resort of those unable to debate intelligently.

Forum Guidelines:

3. Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

MR. DICK to you :|
Oh that wasn't a personal attack, that was just an apt descrrition of your trollish behaviour in this thread and for the most part, in this forum.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Crimson
Gee, us conservatives get one news station and the liberals are freaking out... good..
I watch Fox, I like Cavuto, I like O'Riely though I don't always agree with him and when I want to watch a little patriotic Pro American News Broadcasting Fox fullfills that for me! Fair and Balance? No. Enjoyable? Yes!...except for those 3 stooges in the morning:)

I really do dislike those three in the morning, though the woman is hot -- nice legs. However, what I really like about the show is that while many of the shows are anchored/hosted by conservative leaning people, they then invite liberals onto the show to discuss the topics giving a balance between the conservative host and the liberal guest. This is quite unlike the other networks which have a liberal host and a liberal guest who just stroke each other's opinions with the host asking ridiculously loaded questions to elicit a certain response from the guest.

Which system is more biased?

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Aceshigh
Haha, thats pretty funny stuff.

Hey, its only fair that Fox is biased towards the right. Just about every other media outlet is leftist-leaning. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, you name it.

Now we have a media outlet with our viewpoint and the left-wing doesn't like it. Well, too bad. CNN, MSNBC, etc all proclaim their coverage to be fair and objective, and it almost never is.
During this conflict CNN and MSNBC are as big as Flag Wavers as Fox. Also in fairness not all of the Fox Anchors and reporters are idiots (at least not like the 3 stooges they have on in the morning)

Ya those three are embarising to watch. I like Fox news allot but where did they get those people? Flunky's form the soap oprea auditions down the street?

Though I must say the ticker trick if funny as hell :p

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
My emotions sometimes get the better of me, and I am feeling much angst over this war.

To all I barked at, Nothing personal :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
My emotions sometimes get the better of me, and I am feeling much angst over this war.

To all I barked at, Nothing personal :)
No worries Mate!

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
It's fairly obvious Fox news is the personal mouthpiece of Rupert Murdock. I thought everyone knew that.

It's the NY Post of cable news channels- Who else would hire Hiraldo?

Soldat

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2000
that's 'geraldo' genius....and yes he is somewhat of an idiot.

But otherwise Fox News IS the best. If you don't like it change the channel to get skewed reporting.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
You'ld think someone so hung up on spelling would know to start a sentence with a capital.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Soldat

But otherwise Fox News IS the best. If you don't like it change the channel to get skewed reporting.
Actually I heard that was just his theatrical name. According to some I have heard his real name is Jerry Rivers. Ok, so the source is Howard Stern, but hey, he is as credible as Fox is isn't he? :)

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
You really want to get your news from the objective source, such us
BBCNEWS
Amerian news channels suck donkeys ass!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Soldat

Haha! The best part is some people actually believe this tripe! :D

Sxotty

Apr 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Crimson
Gee, us conservatives get one news station and the liberals are freaking out... good..

Actually I think you should want accurate news, and since fox isn't I don't see why you would be excited, I have heard Rush lately and he seems more accurate in his actual facts than Fox news does sometimes that is just hilarious.

News agencies need to quit clipping quotes so they sound like what they want and then commenting with their silly pundits who know it is all a charade and a lie.

Of course when most american news agencies give you a fact it is actually true, which is better than some other news agencies, and even Fox is less biased than aljezzira, and those the info they show is hilarious.

I read bbc-cnn-msnbc-fox-nytimes so I can actually get something right other than that I watch PBS and the news hour with Jim Lerher youguys should actually watch it they play whole quotes not selections, b/c they don't need to rush things and they have people who know their ass from their head discuss things not a bunch of fools who only believe in some ideology and disregard logic.

edit:
BBC news also misreports things, I have seen them do the same so just because they aint american don't make them perfect. The reality is everyone will screw up once in awhile, but at least BBC doesn't seem to be trying to mislead people like some stations.